Help - RM and Inovelli Red Fan/Light LED Notifications

SOLUTION---

Posting for any future people with this issue.

The notification must be on the parent device. However, when following the Inovelli instructions the parent device (under the default device type) does NOT show up under the options for choosing a "switch". I tried changing it to another device type, which works somewhat, but breaks other things.

Therefore, keep the default settings. Here's the big change instead of picking "switch" you must choose "ACTUATOR" - by selecting this, the settings can remain in their default state, you can still select the Parent device, and NOW you get the option for "setLightIndicator". Once I did that, I did setLightIndicator to start the notification and a separate number code for "notification cleared" from the Inovelli site.

Thank you all for trying to help me work through this!

Glad you figured it out.

You had me digging into my rules trying to remember WTH I had done tho! Lol

S

P.S. if I had actually edited my rule to see what was going on, i might have remembered the actator thing....that and my rules are named "something something Actuator"... lol

Glad you got it sorted! Apologies that I thought you were on Blues -- there's another similar Inovelli LED notifications thread active right now, and I mixed this one up with that one.

It's unfortunate that the experiences are markedly different between the Blues and Reds, but I suppose that's some necessary evil due to the different protocols.

But again, happy to hear you're up & running. I'm keeping a record of my various setting entries in a spreadsheet for record-keeping redundancy -- plus, that makes for an easier reference if/when I need to make any future changes.