Help pairing Ring Range Extender Gen2

That's good to know - I was looking at it more from the repeater end of things but power status seems like a great feature too. Cool!

Looking at @bcopeland old driver (and assuming the in-box one is the same) in theory hitting configure should refresh the power source info after 5s (but refresh or anything else does not - I think refresh should too, but that's me).

Haven't had a chance to test that though.

I never got it consistent on C5. It is one of those ring devices that doesn’t like to be included non-S2

1 Like

Regarding the wrong Powered state," Battery" on a hub reboot after a shutdown, it now makes sense to me. The last power state prior to shutdown is battery so that is what displays on Hub reboot. When the Ring device's power is restored prior to HE reboot, for all we know the device may send a Power Management message, however, there is nothing listening, so when HE restarts it remains at Battery.

My Zwave Command skill set is about -1, or I would attempt to code these changes that will hopefully fix this issue

1. Request and Update the Power Managemant state when on a Refresh command

2. subscribe to Hub's system boot event, then issue an (updated) Refresh command. My gut says subscribe does not work in a driver, in that case users could easily do a device Refresh with an RM or Groovy at hub reboot.

3. I suspect there may be other ways to accomplish this.

The fix for "Notifiction: null" ~line 35 change from Map to a List, remove the leading numbers.

@Field static List ZWAVE_NOTIFICATION_TYPES=[
"Reserverd",
"Smoke",
"CO",
"CO2",
"Heat",
"Water",
"Access Control",
"Home Security",
"Power Management",
"System",
"Emergency",
"Clock",
"First"
]

Great.. fix it.. It is fixed in the driver I wrote for the built-in .. Consider most of my community drivers to be abandoned .. If someone want's to fork and maintain them, it would make me happy.

2 Likes

As I said my Zwave skills are -1, or I would have attempted to fix it.

Kindly accept my apologies for upsetting your feelings. I did not know you were no longer maintaining your community drivers, so consider my request withdrawn.

Switched back to the System driver, device continues correctly reporting the Power State.

Does the system driver Refresh command on the system driver update the Power state, or does the state update at HE system reboot?

You didn’t .. I genuinely hope someone takes over my community drivers.. As I don’t have the time I had to maintain them.

FWIW

• Using the system driver I retested the power off, graceful HE shutdown, power up ring extender, then reboot hub scenario

• Extender device displays "battery" at reboot until it is power cycled.

• Issuing Configure or Refresh commands did not change the status.

I had a VERY difficult time pairing these- tried so many times I can't remember what worked. On the C5 hub when I paired, I don't think any security choices popped up. Whatever the default was worked I think. On the C7 it was kinda a nightmare trying over and over. If you figure out what worked for you PLEASE post it or message me so I can use it as a reference in the future.

How to set powerSouce setting when system reboots using a User driver including @bcopeland's

Tested with a Gen2 using a C4 Hub, YMMV

in metadata add
capability "Initialize"

Before refresh method (or wherever you prefer) insert:

void initialize()  {
/*	 current state return a requested power management response. failing command issues a x'00' */
  def cmds = []
  cmds << zwave.notificationV3.notificationGet(notificationType: 8, v1AlarmType: 0, event: 0x03)	//on mains?
  cmds << zwave.notificationV3.notificationGet(notificationType: 8, v1AlarmType: 0, event: 0x02)	//on battery?
  sendToDevice(cmds)
}

Update :

should you be using a driver other than bcopeland's, change:
sendToDevice(cmds)
to
sendHubCommand(new hubitat.device.HubMultiAction(commands(cmds), hubitat.device.Protocol.ZWAVE))

4 Likes