Help pairing Pico's to Lutron Smart Bridge Pro

Hi all,

Can any Lutron users help me with this?

I've imported a brand new Lutron Smart Bridge Pro from the U.S. and have purchased some Pico's from a UK supplier.

I'm unable to get the Smart Bridge to pair to any of the Pico's no matter what I try. I've held the bottom button of the Pico's for 6 seconds, 10 seconds and more.

Any advice?

Are you using the Lutron App to pair the Pico's to the bridge?

Ha! I was just typing the same thing! Another item to confirm, when the bottom button of the Pico is long pressed, does the LED flash quickly? You may also want to consider calling Lutron tech support. They are VERY helpful! Also, you will be limited to using Picos only as to my knowledge Lutron does not make 240V versions of the Caseta Dimmers and Switches

Thanks both. Yes I'm using the correct Lutron App to do the pairing. I haven't managed to pair anything to make it to the Hubitat stage yet!

I've imported the hub especially to use solely wall mounted Pico's in Hubitat.

Is the Lutron app offering up the Pico Remote as a choice when you enter the Add Device dialog?
I assume you have established an account in the Lutron Cloud?

Just a guess but I think the U.K pico works only on HomeWorks QS and RadioRA2. @bravenel?

1 Like

Interesting. And probably true. The part numbers for those Picos are different as well .....

Does Lutron even sell Caséta for UK?

Nope. The European line is HomeWorks and RA2 - according to Lutron's website.

1 Like

Pico remotes in North, Central, and South America use 431-437 MHz.

Looks like Pico remotes in UK use 868-869.8 MHz

3 Likes

There are 5 different frequencies used by Pico remotes...

The PJ2 models (North, Central & South America models) are described in THIS document...

The PK2 (Europe, UAE), PM2 (China, Singapore), PN2 (India) and PQ2 (Hong Kong, Macau, Isreal, Australia) models are described in THIS document...

As you have imported the bridge, you will also need to import the correct (PJ2) model of pico...

Your other option, if importing Pico remotes proves to be too expensive, is to get a RA2 Select main repeater (Model number for UK/Europe is RRK-MAIN-REP-WH - about 140£). The RA2 Select repeater works with the caseta app and has the same telnet interface as the Smartbridge Pro, and will work with the Picos that you can get locally. There is the added benefit is that it will work with the Ra2 select switches/dimmers for the EU market.

The RA2 select brochure (with part numbers) is HERE

9 Likes

Thanks everyone for your helpful insight. Clearly this is a frequency issue and I'll need to purchase "PJ" Pico models if I'm to keep the Smart Bridge Pro.

@cybrmage is this instead of a Smart Bridge Pro or as well as? (e.g. pair the RRK-MAIN-REP-WH to the Smart Bridge Pro)

@Mixweaver

Instead of.

1 Like

I would assume that you wouldn't want to have both... That would be rather expensive, and you would need to keep track of which picos work with which bridge.

You could use both, as the Lutron Integration app does support multiple bridges. The RA2Select bridge will/does not pair with the Smart Bridge Pro...

I guess this is the downside to all the "can I use the caseta bridge from the kit at (insert name of big box US retailer here)" questions from new HE users... The answer is always "you need to get the smart bridge pro". The question of what to do if you are not in the Americas very rarely comes up.

1 Like