[Help needed] Fibaro FGK-10x z-wave Door window sensor temperature reporting

Thanks for testing...

Yes, both reports means the same thing but they have different purposes. I think the basic set is sent to association group 1 to directly control/warn other devices (e.g. a sensor controlling a light).

From reading the code comments, it seems that some reports might sometimes be missing so having some redundancy might be good. You could always change the code to only update the open/close state if it changed from it's last value...

[EDIT] You could also try to remove the hub from association group 1

1 Like

Sorry....I am a struggling beginner.
Thanks for the code, it is nice and clear to handle - BUT the double Opens are driving me crazy.
I need to either stop one of them, or get Notifier to eliminate one (I have set 'Only once within this number of minutes'=1 .... but this does not prevent a double notification).

christi999 suggests either changing the code to only update the open/close state if it changed from it's last value...or.... try to remove the hub from association group 1 - but I would love some guidance as to handle these options.

PS I tried using Basic Rules to limit the doubling up, but this did not help either

...a day later, I have found a neat and simple solution. It works like a dream!
HubitatPublic/debounceContact.groovy at master ยท hubitat/HubitatPublic ยท GitHub

Thanks for this excellent driver - it has worked well for me (with the debounce).
BUT I have had battery issues and thus resorted to an external battery of slightly higher voltage.
The open/close reporting is working fine, but the battery reporting is failing to the 1% default value.
Is there anyway of me fixing this (as a simpleton) or am I dead meat as I have gone over the default battery 3.6 volt (to 4.5v)?