Help me understand what I am doing wrong

All of my lights are on/off controllable but not the switch...at all

Odd.

Do this:

Use the Shut Down option on the Settings page.
When the hub light goes red, pull the USB power connector.
Wait 30s.
Plug it in again and let it boot up.

Go back to the Z-Wave Details screen after it boots up and see if anything changed. Must just be a reporting issue w/none of the bulbs showing routing, but the switch definitely seems like it's going to need to be removed and re-paired.

1 Like

rebooting now

did a safe shut down waited 30 seconds reconnected power still no routing info on anything.
it must actually be routing or the bulbs wouldn't work correct?

OK I will power it down and remove the switch and then try as repairing.
Thank you for the education, I learned a fair amount of debug skills from this session.

Thats correct...I don't remember seeing anything quite like this frankly, w/all routing missing and devices working. It may be that you're going to have to remove that switch for it to settle out.

Can you kill power to the switch at the breaker? Then hit Refresh a number of times on the switch and see if the buttons change to the following, and then you can use the Remove button.

when its working should I see buttons foe things like 1X 2X 3X etc.?

I'm not familiar w/using these switches so I'm not sure about that...

will do.

OK I took the switch off line removed power, refreshed Hubitat until I was able to remove the switch. I shut down teh hub and powered it off for 1 minute.
I tried to pair it again and all 3 times it simply hung during initialization never getting to the enter number or the security radio box choices.
I again reset the switch by holding the config button for 30 sceonds.
Then I removed the Inovelli drivers and downloaded the 2 switch child drivers from the inovelli website here
Hubitat/Drivers at master ยท InovelliUSA/Hubitat ยท GitHub

I installed these 2 drivers but not the Inovelli switch drivers.
I again did a pairing and it worked asking me for first 5 digits the switch number and asking me what security I wanted ( I turned it all off) and it installed the switch and the on/off works now.

My question is can I now swap to the Inovelli provided LZW30-SN driver and hopefully pick up the 6 or 8 button pushes (all I have currently is double up or double down)

Wow...glad you got there.

I think you're going to have to post a question in the Devices section here, and obviously make sure the thread title includes "Inovelli" and "LZW30 driver." That way some Inovelli users here can help you complete your desired setup. I've just never worked w/Inovelli switches, I'm all GE/Jasco/Honeywell for switches at my house. :slight_smile:

Just an update on this issue I installed the latest 2.4.XXXX Hubitat update and repaired the inovelli Red switch upon advice from Inovelli support and WALA I have buttons working !!!!
This is going to be a very powerful addition to my home automation. I would like to thank Hubitat engineering for working to resolve this issue so quickly. Great product excellent support!!!

1 Like