Help me pick a zigbee repeater

It would help tremendously. The little USB repeaters are excellent.

1 Like

I have read here that the outlets seem to have a higher power output. Anecdotally though. I’ve not seen any hard numbers proving that.

Consensus seems to be to use the Ikea repeaters with xiaomi devices.
Ikea have said they’ll be released in Aus in October.
I’m hoping that’s true. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

But what about the Xiaomi Mijia outlets? Has anyone tried them? Do they pair with HE and repeat signals? It's the same outlet style used in Australia and New Zealand, so it's plug and go it it works.

https://www.gearbest.com/automation-modules/pp_3006084345047505.html?wid=2000001

And even less expensive from AilExpress if you don't mind buying from them (I personally avoid them, but that's just me)

I'm not a big fan of the outlet style and there are a few devices around my home that have an empty USB port in them which are just crying out for an Ikea Repeater to be plugged into them. TV, stereo etc.
:slight_smile:

That answers my unasked question about your personal preferences :joy:

But what about my actual question? :wink:

I've not tried them so cannot answer your other questions.:rofl:

1 Like

Anybody want to take a chance on one to test for you Australian brothers or New Zealand neighbours? Those plugs will do me no good, even if they did work, because they cannot accept a polarized North American plug.

I'm curious what software/hardware you used to analyse the mesh and create the diagram.

That is done using an XBee and XCTU software. There is a giant thread about this HERE. It is quite a read, but all of the info you'd need is contained in it.
If you are asking for specifics, I use XB3-24Z8PS with a XBee SMT Grove Development Board and XCTU

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.