Heiman Smoke detector (Zigbee)

Hi Guys,

Does anyone out there have a Heiman Smoke detector? I have paired it to my zigbee network but none of the inbuilt smoke detetor drivers work.

http://www.heimantech.com/product/89.html

I have seen a few drivers on github for Smartthings but nothing for Hubitat.

If nobody has a Hubitat driver I will have a go at porting one of these over

I bought one of these and would like to be able to use it in Hubitat, please

@mhutchy,
Just wondering how you got on porting the drivers over, as these units are at a good price point??
Are they very "chatty" with logs etc ?

Good morning. I just picked up a HS1SA myself and was curious if you were able to successfully port the Heiman Smoke Detector to Hubitat.

Cheers!

Check out @cuboy29โ€™s port in this THREAD
Itโ€™s working for me with no errors and seems to have taken over routing almost all my Zigbee devices. That tells me that Iโ€™ve now got at least 2. routes for my Zigbee devices, back to my HE hub. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thank you for pointing me to thread. I was able to discover the device and add it to my HE Hub.:grinning:

Are you saying the Heiman smoke detector works with the gas sensor driver?

Is it possible that the CO detector (HS1CA) could work as well with the same driver ?

http://www.heimantech.com/product/75.html

I have that guy working as well and it was auto discovered as "Generic Zigbee motion Sensor".
That guy is battery powered so does not act as a repeater.

I was planning on finding a new driver but I believe it is working fine and all I need is "active / inactive" notification, so I've left it as it is.

1 Like

the repeater feature is not needed. "active" is probably triggered when a certain level of CO is detected. That could fit my needs.

yeah, agree.
I just wanted some way of detecting gas in the house !
These Heiman devices seem very good

Hi Njanda,

You have the smoke detector working ok with the gas sensor driver then?

Just want to double check before I buy some.

OK, so NO I do NOT have the smoke detector !

To be clear.
I have.........

• Heiman HS1CA-E sensor ( Carbon Monoxide sensor) paired using the "Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor"
  • Heiman HS1CG sensor (Combustable gas sensor) paired using @cuboy29's driver
1 Like

The Smoke detector loaded for me using the driver. So far I have tested it using the test button.

2 Likes

Can you specify exactly which driver please ?? :slight_smile:

Hi, I cut an pasted the driver in the thread referenced by njada in this thread: Driver for Gas Sensor

Thanks Greg that's good to know.

I read you can remotely disable the alarm via the Heiman app. Can you also remotely test the alarm, or do you need to press the button?

I am very new to this and I don't have the Heiman app. The only test I have tried so far is to press the test button. The test action does get relayed to Hubitat.

1 Like

A โ€˜Testโ€™ button is not directly presented on the Driver page and sorry Iโ€™ve not looked at whether the capability can be used directly.

1 Like

I now also have two of the Heiman Zigbee smoke detectors. And like @gregpn have it working with the Gas driver @cuboy29 pasted in Driver for Gas Sensor.

I also noticed there is now an official Hubitat system driver, "Heiman Zigbee Gas Detector". But it is not usable, as when using that driver the device does not show in Hubitat Safety Monitor at all, even though the driver logs events correctly when pressing the test button. Using cuboy29's driver it does show correctly in Hubitat Safety Monitor as a smoke detector.

@mike.maxwell from the gas detector thread it looks like you worked on this. Could the Smoke Detector be added to the official driver?

The fingerprint for the Heiman HS1SA Smart Smoke Sensor is

ID: C4A1
Manufacturer: HEIMAN
Product Name:
Model Number: SmokeSensor-EM
deviceTypeId: 16
manufacturer : HEIMAN
idAsInt : 1
inClusters : 0000,0001,0003,0500,0502
endpointId : 01
profileId : 0104
application : 12