Heiman Smoke Detector Remote Alarm

Did anyone managed to activate to remote alarm function on the Heiman Smoke Detector?

On the original Heiman hub there is this option. This makes it possible to link these devices so they all go off when smoke is detected in one room.

I would sleep better knowing the one in the bedroom sounds an alarm when smoke is detected elsewhere in the house.

This is probably possible if you manually set associations? Or can you manually trigger it and therefore do it via a Hubitat rule?

1 Like

It should be possible through the Heiman hub.

I remember on smartthings someone detected the handles, but it was never develloped into a driver.

I'm new to Hubitat and didn't do work on my previous smartthings/webcore hub for years. I see there has been progress on the drivers. But still lacking the integration of any remote options.

I've already got 12 of these smoke detectors, so I'm not fond of spending more on seperate alarms to cover my house...

If anyone is curious about performance of these nice little smoke detectors btw, I highly recommend. Only one change of battery and all tested ok. And not one false detection in all these years.

Did you ever figure out how to do this?

How do you manually set associations between the alarms?

No I didn't.

I'm not a dev and have no idea where even to start.

There is a Z-Wave tweaked tool which should allow you to do this

link?

Just remember, you need to install as a custom driver, then change the driver for the device to this temporarily, set any parameters or associations, and then switch back to previous device driver.

Use at your own peril. If you mess anything up, you’ll probably want to reset device and re pair to Hubitat. Remember, associations don’t go through hub.

1 Like

Thanks. My Heiman alarms are Zigbee ones. Do you know if there is a way to do it with Zigbee ones?

I think this is more Zigbee Light Link territory, but not on the same way as Z-Wave. Wouldn’t recommend. It’s like where you pair a remote button direct to a light for direct control without a hub.