Heavy duty switch options

Hello. Looking for a switch to control my water pump to shut off when water leaks are detected. It's on a 30A breaker, and found this, "Aeotec Heavy Duty Switch". Was reading that this switch doesn't have any manual override in case of issues. Just worries if I have an issue, I won't have water in my house until I fix it.

Does anyone know of a switch that has a manual override, or are my concerns not warranted?

Thank you in advance.

I have no idea if your concerns are warranted, but this is what I've got.

I have that switch powering my well pump.

You can take the cover off and there's a button that does the z-wave stuff, but also turns the switch on and off. I keep the screw out...the cover's not going anywhere.

If the switch were to fail open, somehow, I'd have to turn off the breaker and bypass it, just like it was originally.

I like to turn the water off when I leave the house, as well as when the leak sensors sense water.

I have a Zen34 switch next on the wall near the door, and I push it to turn it off when I leave. It also turns the water-cop valve ('legacy', probably superfluous) on, as well as the cameras.

Only thing is, if I accidentally run the water with the well off and water cop valve on, pressure drops and I have to go down to the basement and reset the doo-dad on the well control switch.

Another option...

Sinopé RM3250ZB Electrical Load Controller – 50A – Zigbee https://a.co/d/hc3icYP

Not cheap, but works great. Using one with a level on EV charger for a few years with a RM that turns it off after 30 min of no power draw indicating car is charged.

@velvetfoot Thank you for the explanation and photos. Sounds like you have a great setup.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Looks like they're are a few options I wasn't aware of.

I don't know about great, but having it indoors eliminates one weakness of the Aeotec.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.