Heatit Z-Push Button 8

Hello, I've just purchased Heatit Z-Push Button 8 and seems like it's not yet supported by Hubitat Elevation. Some products of this Swedish manufacturer are supported though (dimmers, thermostats), but unfortunately not this button controller.

When I had added this button controller to Hubitat, the "RGBgenie Micro Switch ZW-4004" driver was automatically assigned, yet it didn't make this controller functional. I tried a "change to Virtual Button type, set number of buttons, switch back" trick, but it didn't work.

Interestingly, the manual lacks any mentioning of support by Hubitat, SmartThings etc, but does reference the supported and controlled command classes.

With that being said, can you give any suggestions what else I can try? Or, given the availability of the aforementioned command classes, maybe I can write a driver for this button controller myself? Is this a complicated process?

For anyone concerned, I published the driver here: GitHub - awthwathje/hubitat-heatit-z-push-button-8-driver: A Hubitat driver for HeatIt Z-Push Button 8.