HE to RF?

Offline and blocked are two different things. It's still "online" on my local network. It just can't reach out to Harmony's servers without my permission.

I do the same thing with my Echo devices. I don't allow them to update stats back to Amazon:

2019-03-19 10:33:06 A device-metrics-us.amazon.com alexa-guest-bedroom-echo.lan Blocked (gravity)

1 Like

Interesting. What do you block? E.g. How can I do this too?

Pi-hole. :smiley:
I have a wildcard block on *.myharmony

I also block Sonos from reporting back as well: msmetrics.ws.sonos.com

#FTW

1 Like

I'm curious about this too. But perhaps a thread split (or whatever it's called) would be appropriate here so we don't clog up the OP's topic.

2 Likes

I'll throw something up in Lounge.

@reachjeffs @SmartHomePrimer: Thread created in Lounge: Show off Your Pi-Hole blocks (Alt Title: How to block devices from reporting back to corporate overlords)

Sorry @ckronengold for the hijack :smiley:

1 Like

I've got 3 threads going with @corerootedxb. Would almost be easier to keep 'em all together for me, but for future searches, it would be nice. (very courteous of you, @reachjeffs)

1 Like

OK then you would need this model instead which runs on 110:
https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/products/qubino-z-wave-plus-flush-shutter-module-zmnhcd3?variant=29191065489

I don't own one but can only speak to what I have read but there are positive and negative outputs to the motor. You can hook up an external switch to it as well. The wiring diagrams are towards the bottom of the page on the smartest house.

I sit on the phone in meetings most days, so I kill the boredom of that with the awesome conversations I have with the awesome people here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What's the advantage of the shutter module vs the dual relay module?

Doesn't say its compatible with HE. Only SmartThings and Fibaro. I guess it would use a generic z-wave driver / switch?

Most stuff written for ST can be made to work with HE, since their Groovy implementations are similar. Just a few modifications are typical. Somethings don't need any modification, but that's not as common. You usually need to at least find "physicalgraph" in the ST code and replace it with "hubitat".

Here you'll find drivers for a few of the Qubino devices. Search is your friend :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Maybe there's a better approach for this particular device. What about going down the RS232 road? And trying the hex codes?

Looks like my projector lift has a "little brother" (15496 up to 25 lbs vs 15495 up to 44 lbs.) And in that manual, it has an RS232 section with this, plus hex codes to use.

In that case, there's this

Combined with Bryan's App and Driver.

Unfortunately, doesn't seem to be the case. No idea why, but Monoprice says that only the smaller one has the RS232 port. Dumb. Like people with heavy projectors wouldn't want to automate it.

Well then, sounds like, and looks like based on the schematic you posted, that these Qubino Flush 2 are your best bet. You'll need to find out how to tap into those points.

A pico would be very nice for this. If you don't already have a Lutron Caséta Smart Bridge Pro, congratulations you just found an excuse to by one! Your spouse will be so pleased. :wink:

3 Likes

You're such a pusher! :wink:

2 Likes

Picos are a smart home's best friend :wink:

1 Like

Me too, but he types faster. :smiley: and better :frowning:

I hate that it costs so much compared to "included" as it is with The former StaplesConnect and the soon-to-be-former Wink.

But Pico integration is, all by itself, reason enough to spend the money, in my opinion. I don't desire Home Control.. (vs Home Automation) and so it's a little difficult to say: I have quite a few Pico's. Pretty much one per room.

There are still a few things that I haven't found a simple way to automate.... our printers, for one. We don't use them much but anytime we do, we're as far from it as possible. So it's on an appliance module and I can turn it on from anywhere. Then, since you have to to the printer to get the paper, there's a Pico above that one pushes to turn the printer off.

Bedrooms are another.. 'normal' is not too big a challenge, but naps and illness are monkey wrenches in automation. No one who's been sick in bed wants a light coming on full brightness just because someone came to check on you. Pico's stuck to the headboard with Command strips solve that one.. 10 buttons, not much bigger than a stick of gum, battery lasts years, never known to fail.

See... ?? what did I say... faster, better :slight_smile:

1 Like

This exactly :point_up:

LOL, thanks. I don't agree though. Always enjoy your thoughtful responses.

1 Like

The built-in Qubino Shutter Module driver works with both models.

The Shutter Module can be calibrated to upper and lower limits so you can partially open it by setting it to a percentage.

The DC model also handles reversing the polarity to change the motor direction.

2 Likes