HE Notifications Time Format

When I first setup my HE and migrated from Wink, I used the Rule Machine to create text notifications on my phone. Front Door opened at 12:00:00pm, for example. In RM, I noticed I could adjust the time format and did so to include seconds.

As I’m getting more acquainted with apps and settings, I decided to move these simple “notify rules” to the Notifications app. Upon setting it up, I noticed the time was just hh:mm (AM/PM), but I cannot find anywhere to modify the time format.

So I’m asking here, does anyone know how to change the format to h:mm:ss (AM/PM)? I was thinking perhaps there was a global hub or app setting but cannot seem to find it. Perhaps there is a customization I can implement?

Ultimately, if the time format is an option in RM, does anyone know the best way to get a suggestion to development to include time format as an option in the built-in Notifications app?

In the latest version of Rule Machine, there is a drop down that appears once %now% is used in a notification:

I just tried it, and it resulted in what you are looking for when I selected: “9:57:46 AM” (It worked even though my hub default is set to 24 hour)

1 Like

Thanks, @Sebastien. That’s how it works for me as well in Rule Machine, but wanted the formatting option in Notifications.

What I’m hoping to accomplish is cleaning up my rules and notifications before they get out of hand. My issue is I don’t have the time format selection in Notifications app like in RM.

Here is the format option for time in RM:

And here is essentially the same, but in the Notifications app.. it’s just missing the format drop down.

1 Like

Ah! Got it. Tagging @bravenel in case he also looks after the Notifications App.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.