HE Mode into Alexa

another help request...please. Here is what I want to do. I want a mode change in HE to turn on a WiFi camera. Alexa can control the camera but everything I searched deals with using Alexa to change Mode. What I want to do is read Mode into Alexa as something that can trigger an Alexa routine. I am using a Sonoff button controller to change modes, but Alexa does not seem to see that button. Any thoughts on how I can do this? Thank you
Larry

Use MODE as a trigger to Rule Machine. In RM, change the status of a Virtual Contact sensor when the mode changes. Use the virtual contact sensor to trigger your Alexa Routine.

5 Likes

OK, thanks. I see many other posts on just that. I have not created any virtual sensors yet so I will search for that tomorrow.

1 Like

OK! Pounded my way through it and learned a lot. I should have read your post more carefully because I set up a virtual switch only to find that Alexa would not use that in a routine so I then created a virtual contact sensor and used the RM. Voila! Many thanks
Larry

1 Like