HE Device Store or Shopping Catalog in App

Where is the HE Online Store where we can buy Devices compatible with HE? Please make an HE Amazon storefront or Ebay Storefront or other Marketplace that is easily searchable in the HE app for compatible devices.
You should earn affiliate link money, but it would also be great if HE owners got special coupons and sale prices on equipment we buy through your storefront. I am not interested in being flooded with ads, but I want a place to find and buy HE compatible devices and see reviews. A catalog with links to buy would be perfect. Some HE supported products are no longer made or sold by the OEM, so an Ebay marketplace for HE supported but discontinued items would be great too. Please link to HE vetted products that are for sale. Thanks.

I guess it is up to Hubitat whether they want to take on some kind of commercial venture like you described, but in the meantime, you can also find the supported list here:

and the Community supported list here:

Obviously the Community list in particular relies on the developer adding or requesting their devices to be added, but I expect that is no different whatever method you use to advertise their existence.

3 Likes

The problem with any such storefront is that it would be competing with huge companies such as Amazon, eBay, Temu, Alibaba and others. Home automation is a worldwide phenomenon. Electric systems and RF frequencies are different in various parts of the world. There are hundreds of devices and new devices are coming on the market each week. Hubitat is a small business with only a few employees. Operating such a storefront would require a large influx of capital, hiring of staff, etc.

When releasing Hubitat C-8, the company relied on Amazon to provide the logistics for orders and shipments. They do sell the C-8 hub on the Hubitat.com site, but it is still available through Amazon.

The advantage of Hubitat is that it is compatible with a wide variety of devices that use a wide variety of protocols. Furthermore, Hubitat users are an inventive, resourceful lot who are always trying to push the boundaries of what Hubitat can do.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.