HE cannot find two Eaton RF9601 switches

I'm baffled and need the expert help from this community. Here is the situation:

-I installed one RF9601 (Z-Wave Plus) to power a front porch light. The switch operates manually and I have reset the switch several times. It is now blinking a blue LED. This switch is approximately 15 feet from the hub, however, on different floors.
-The second RF9601 is installed to control a pair of outside lights. The switch operates manually and I have reset the switch several times. It is now blinking a blue LED. This switch is approximately 30 feet from the hub, however, on different floors.

I have gone through the Add Device process many times, and the hub cannot find either device. As stated above, I have reset them several times to no avail. I don't think this is a distance issue, as Z-Wave Plus has a range of 300 feet.

I've tried the Hubitat App and scanned the QR codes, but that doesn't seem to get me anywhere.

Is my next step tearing these units out and replacing them with another wireless technology / brand? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I would try moving the hub much closer to the switch during pairing to test. And I would NOT believe 300 ft. Not unless you had unobstructed view with no local interference (walls, pipes, wiring, brick are all obstructions). But yeah, factory reset the switch and try moving the hub closer and do a standard z-wave inclusion, not by brand.

1 Like

Thanks. That was going to be my next step and I appreciate you confirm that. -Cheers

1 Like

Not specific to Eaton but I have found it common for brand new, out-of-the-box, Z-Wave devices to require a Z-Wave Exclude prior to pairing.

2 Likes

Thanks Eric. I've also tried that. As rlithgow1 suggested, I moved the hub within 5 feet of both devices to see if they could be found...no luck. I"m on the phone with Eaton tech support now. I will post the solution...if there is one!

SOLVED:
Like a dope, I overlooked the second part of item 1:" Press the device on/off switch on time".

After doing this, the hub immediately found each device. Thanks for the help!!

1 Like

Glad you got it resolved!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.