Having trouble connecting to my hub , anyone else?

So it has been a couple months since I attempted to connect to my hub to change settings for the time change. I can login successfully and get to my dashboard but when I click on the ip address to make changes on my hub, I get a site cannot be reached error. Is there an issue I am not aware of or is it just me ?

Forgot to mention I am running a chromebook and have updated the os several times since last change so maybe something no longer compatible ?

You say you can get to the dashboard?

From the menu on the left, when you click on "Settings," what comes up?

If you get to the Settings page (you can control-click and it will open in another tab if you like that way), do you see the section for "Hub Details?"

If you select "Hub Details," do you get the pop-up with the details? If not, do you have a pop-up blocker running on your web browser? If so, please disable it and try again.

If you get the pop-up, have you tried the "Update Time From Browser Time" option?

I hope this will help you. The Chromebook updates should not have any effect on accessing the hub, especially since you say you are getting to the dashboard.

Try browsing to

http://find.hubitat.com/

You should then be able to click on your hub's "Connect to Hub" button. Most likely, your hub's IP address changed over the past few months. You may want to reserve an IP address for it in your router's DHCP server to make sure it does not change again.

What i’ve noticed recently, is that the HE ip address changes to 169.x.y.z. And needs HE to reboot by unplugging the power.

Cheerz
Sherwin

Interesting. I saw this happen on my own hub the other day, but it happened after a forceful shutdown (power went out) so I didn't think too much of it at the time.

I am running a C4 with older Firmware 2.2.4.15.

Noticed mine around 3x now, and not from a force shutdown. I have to do force shutdown since i can’t access the settings.

Cheerz
Sherwin

This generally a sign that there was some sort of power interruption, and the hub came up before the DHCP source (normally your router). Since the hub couldn't get an address from the router, it assigned a default value to allow it to continue booting.

3 Likes

This! Also I've noticed on my C-4 that the ethernet end connecting the hub can sometimes pop out a bit and I have to reseat it. Another issue I've had is if the network connection is lost that the C-4 doesn't readily re-establish the connection.

I've solved the latter issue by using UPSs on the hub, switch and firewall.

1 Like

That’s weird since no power outage was experience that day, or may be due to a fluctuations. I guess a static IP would help in the situation.

Cheerz
Sherwin

The hub is running on your local network, so in all likelihood there is a problem local to you.

We’ll need some more details though, because I can’t quite tell what it is you’re having trouble doing.

Let’s start with something simple, what’s your hub’s IP address (or what’s the address you’re expecting to reach the hub at, at least).

That may, or may not, be related to what the OP is experiencing. We would need more info. @thebearmay is probably right though, what you’re seeing suggests your hub is having an issue with reaching a DHCP server.

1 Like

Yup, i understand and absolutely agree in providing more info.

Cheerz
Sherwin

1 Like

It's ChromeOS. It doesn't like connecting to servers on the LAN without some complicated workaround.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.