Having a senior moment - how do I create custom commands with RM 4.0

I cannot figure out how to create custom command with RM 4.0. And I don't seem to get that option when I select RM 3.0 either.

Obviously, I've forgot something.

Please help me with my memory loss :smile:

The screenshot is self explanatory I think.

1 Like

Yeah - found that. But I used to be able to store custom commands that I could use with multiple devices of the same type. Has that capacity been removed?

Thanks!

Ah. Gotcha. Now you mention it, your right. Can't say I've found that option either.

1 Like

I find the custom action to be easier. Select capability, device, and then all possible commands are presented to choose from. No need to create and save anymore.

1 Like

@bjcowles

I'm getting used to it. What do they say about old dogs and new tricks? :laughing:

3 Likes

Right there with you. That's about the only thing I've mastered so far. :laughing:

2 Likes

In rule 4.0, button controller, custom commands

1 Like

@2ac16mo

Thank you! I'm glad that capacity is still there.

1 Like

I'm still trying to find "Custom Commands" myself. Am I missing something because I still can not find it?

I'm running HE version 2.1.2.123, I didn't see it listed in RM main page, or when I click an open 3.0 and 4.0.

RM main page....

RM 3.0

RM 4.0

I believe custom commands were exchanged for custom actions you can create from within the rules themselves.

@cwwilson08
Thanks I'll take a look!

If someone has a rule with custom command, can you share so I can see how it is done. Thanks

1 Like