Has anyone considered creating a Blue Iris Fusion app for Hubitat

I'm just coming on to the Hubitat system from Smartthings, since they discontinued support for Groovy based custom apps. One I especially miss is one called Blue Iris Fusion, a community app which provided complete Blue Iris integration with my smart home hub. I wondered if someone would consider rewriting the code to make it work with Hubitat? I'm sure the code is still around on Github, and I have heard the creator is not interested in rewriting the code to work with the new Smartthngs system. I think many here on Hubitat would appreciate it as much as I.

3 Likes

@user4157 There is already this one [Deprecated] BI Control - Local Blue Iris control It's been merged with event engine.

Also there is a blue iris profile integration..

I could never figure out how to use that app.

I want to try the BI Control app, but I can't find the code for it. The developer seems to have removed it from his github page. Anyone know where I can find the code for it, or even the Event Engine?

Try the authors Bundle Manager App.
It's in there

1 Like

It's now part of Event Engine, you need that one.

I've been looking for the code for both of them without success. When I click on the link for EE developer, I get this:

I found the code for Bundle Manager, but that's all.

Install bundle manager, then from within bundle manager install event engine

Bundle Manager is used to manage all of Bryans Apps and Drivers.
Install it and search for Event Engine shows this

1 Like

Thanks guys. I didn't understand that. Will give it a go.

1 Like

You should also install Hubitat Package Manager if you haven't already.

1 Like

I have loaded HPM, and also got BI Control installed and working. It's not as functional as Blue Iris Fusion, but it accomplished the task I needed in this case. Thanks for the helplful guidance.

2 Likes

@bptworld is good about working with people. I'm sure if you have an additional need not covered in his current iteration, he may be able to add it. He's a good bloke..

But he did mention in another thread recently he’s not coding much anymore due to medical issues :slightly_frowning_face: (best wishes, Bryan :crossed_fingers:).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.