Hardwired security system kit?

My house has a wired security system (for the most part). I will soon be replacing all the windows in the house. There are way too many windows to be chasing down batteries every year so I want to keep the hardwiring.

The system is currently monitored by Brinks, but it seems that the hardwired panel is basically dead.

Does anyone know of a system that can replace the panel and interface directly to the wired sensors? Or is the only option these days to roll your own using a Pi?

I looked up the few hardwired convertors on this thread and they all require the hardwired panel to be operational to begin with.

I think these guys have some options that basically replace your panel but allow you to reuse your wired sensors. There is definitely integration with HE and HSM. I have a working panel so I use an Envisalink interface but there are lots of people on here with experience with the Konnected panel.

1 Like

The Konnected Pro panel is what I will be using in my new home, all wired sensors for doors, windows and most likely motion. The pro version can be wired with an Ethernet cable to your LAN instead of having yet another WIFI device. This to me is the best way to go especially when building new or if you already have the wired stuff. No more wasting time/money/environment with dead batteries.

Ring Retrofit Alarm Kit works well and has a built-in driver.

Ring Retrofit Alarm Kit - existing wired security system and Ring Alarm required, professional installation recommended

1 Like

I didn't come across this in my search, thanks. I already have some ring products and like them.

I turns out the window company says my warranty is void if any holes are drilled in the window frames, so the best they can do is leave the wires for the existing sensors hanging out for me to go back and re-wire, which may end up quite ugly. But there are still hardwired door sensors that I could use.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.