Happy with Hubitat

:smiley: Just wanted to document that even though Ring Gen2 keypad was a bit of a stubborn device to get going for me, I very much appreciate all the capabilities of this Hubitat as well as the programming that went/goes into it, especially to let us 'do our own thing,' so to speak.

I started coding in the 80's (oops, yep, I'm that old) so it is not lost on me the work that goes into something like this.

Kudos to the team! Hope some others chime in here with their appreciation as well. Let's give the gang some cheer. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

29 Likes

I agree (youngster)!

8 Likes

Got you beat. Started writing application code for Burroughs accounting machines in 75-76.

5 Likes

Agree, good stuff and fun to use.

2 Likes

I have been through X10 since they started (bought my first starter kit from a discount house that is no longer in business, Perry J Truman ... a 16 device controller and two lamp modules and an appliance module...OOOOOOO!!! where I also bought my first Beta machine, a Sony SL5600,,,,, for $1038!!!! ), and now have 5 shopping bags FULL of X10 crap.
Then went to Wink until they started charging, then Smartthings.
VERY limited and clunky with poor device support.

Then read somewhere that there was a local controller with great integration. This was in November 2020, and haven't looked back!
YES, it does have problems sometimes, but the quick response from the staff to correct those problems and the VAST community support REALLY makes the difference!

Hubitat rules them ALL!!!!

5 Likes

Really happy with Hubitat :pray::+1:

3 Likes

With all the negative posts/comments that appear on the forum, it's great to hear positive comments.

I'm afraid we are all too quick to criticise and moan about things and slow to comment when things are good. That's just the nature of the beast I suppose. :bison: :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I've been a user of HE since 2017. Have had some ups and downs, but overall a great product with a great support staff. Great Job.

9 Likes

HE is a triumph! It's pretty faultless! Even when there is a bug, staff are on hand to help. I don't know of any other company in the world where staff give such a personal touch. Cheers guys

8 Likes

Hahaha! Yes! You got me beat! I had 3 kids first, though. Does that count? lol

So what language was that? I remember starting in DOS and GWBasic.

It is unique for sure.

2 Likes

Yes, too many complaints and not enough compliments for the programming.

5 Likes

This would be before DOS. COBOL was dominant in mainframes, but the accounting machines (3k of core. Woohoo!) used a proprietary machine language called GP300. All I remember is 0800 = null.

1 Like

Hmm.
I'm not happy with my Hubitat.....I'm absolutely THRILLED with it! Terrific device, and I really do appreciate the Hubitat team, both for the work they put into this, and for their engagement on this forum.

11 Likes

Hubitat rules

4 Likes

Almost learned some COBOL when I started at one of the big consulting firms in the late 80's...thank goodness I was pulled out and put to work in a non-programming role before I got very far into the training. Programming and me are not a good combination. I do remember enough to love this:

A COBOL programmer's husband asks, "Honey can you go to the store and
get some milk. And if they have eggs, get a dozen." After twenty
minutes she returns and flops 12 bags of milk on the table. He looks
at her curiously, "Honey, why did you do that?" She responds flatly,
"They had eggs."

8 Likes

Is that RM 1.0, 1.5 ................. RM5.1?
:wink: :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

What a bunch of brainwashed cultists you all are!

Sorry, the FB algorithms have been serving up an extra helping of conspiracies lately. :wink:

Just setting up a C-8 to start rebuilding everything. Should end up with something like this:

C-8 Main hub (Zigbee & Z-Wave)
C-7 Zigbee light mesh
C-7 Cloud and heavy integrations

Don’t think I’ll need the C-4 and C-5 after the rebuild.

So yeah, guess I’m pretty happy with the platform.

5 Likes

I'm thinking you have addiction issues...but the kind of issues we all understand. :wink:

4 Likes

Started with the 4. I added the 5 thanks to Zigbee lights not playing well with other devices. The Z-wave radio went out on the 4 so I got a 7 and now things are a confused mess across hubs — but stable.

Last year I picked up another 7 to start cleanup but never got to it while I was waiting for Inovelli to ship. Finally got the last of my Inovellis last month and decided to wait for the holiday specials to get an 8 to start the rebuild.

Now I can take advantage of the new radios to start my rebuild.

Hello, my name is Jeff and I first used Hubitat…

6 Likes