Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating in the US and around the world :turkey:

On behalf of the Hubitat staff, we wish you and your families a day filled with warmth and happiness of the season.

35 Likes

Gobble, gobble!

Just saying. . .

:turkey:

4 Likes

We don't seem to indulge in Turkey as much as we used to when I was a kid at Christmas, so maybe I will try find some legs to act as symbols of American history.... Or some "wild" equivalents....

By way of comparison, my neighbours salvaged a local lorikeet (bird) in a cage that, surprisingly, seemed quite happy to accommodate what appeared to be a Goanna perched on the bird cage as I arrived home this evening.... I can only imagine someone "encouraged" the reptile off the cage without too much damage... Pardoning it of it's apparent crimes of.... presence...

2 Likes

This will be today..(Substitute mom for wife)

2n5pfq

3 Likes

Substitute Mom for local reptile in my case... :wink: Wishing I had taken a photo now....

2 Likes

aw-classic-deviled-eggs-articleLarge

3 Likes

That's more like it.... :slight_smile:

1 Like
4 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to all! :smiley: Hope everyone has enough of family and friends, but not too much. :wink: We're doing our tomorrow to match up w/our childrens' travel/availability.

Looking forward to baked mac and cheese, a family TG tradition going back to the early 1900's.

We do get some odd looks from guests when we serve mac and cheese alongside everything else at TG...do you have holiday dinner oddity? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well a bit out of tradition, but no completely unusual we will bbq for some holidays for a change up.

Get a few big tritips and stuff then with jalapenos, cheese and other peppers.

Thinking of it has my mouth watering. Why didnt we do that this year...? Lol.

3 Likes

Hmmm...I've never stuffed tritip. May have to put that on my list for the next time. Any hints on your process?

Happy Fibonacci Day! (at least in North America)

1 Like

My holiday dinner oddity would be the family members themselves... Just sayin'

3 Likes