Hank RGBW LED Bulb (HKZW-RGB01)

Does anyone know if there are parameters to 'Enable Hue in degrees (0-360)' for this bulb? I cannot find anything online.

It does not look like it is there. It appears that this has been removed from newer drivers. What is your use case? It will assist with any change request.
Dave

I'd like to use @bptworld Lighting Effects app, but there is a requirement that the bulbs have 'Enable Hue in degrees (0-360)' on. I don't mind using @mike.maxwell Z-wave Tool to set the parameter for it, but just could not find it. This might be a driver thing like you mentioned though, not a parameter on the bulb.

Found Mike's tool. But better, you have linked to the right people for the answer.

You can't use that tool to set a parameter that doesn't exist.

These are the only configuration parameters supported by the device:

@krlaframboise, thank you for your reply. From what I found, only the Generic Zigbee RGBW driver has the option to Enable Hue in degrees (0-360).

This is option isn't being implemented in new drivers, the rendering differences are smaller in practice than the color differences between different manufacturers bulbs...

Thanks for the information @mike.maxwell. @bptworld, with that Mike mentioned, the Lighting Effect apps will be limited to only certain devices. From what I found, only the generic zigbee RGB(W) driver have the "Enable Hue in degrees (0-360)" preference. I've looked through a few bulb manuals and they did not have it offered to tweak. Any thoughts?

Zwave bulbs do not use hue and saturation values directly in their color commands, they use independent color channels limited to 8 bits.

Hi,
The app was written to work with my Hue and generic zigbee bulbs so that's how it was implemented. At some point, I'll revisit this app and probably make some changes.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.