Hampton Bay Fan & Pico

I'm a little out of my element here and hoping for some ideas. Here's what I want to do.

I have a Pico remote that I want to use to control a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan. I want the top button to set it to "on" and the bottom button to "off". Those are relatively easy.

Next I want the Up and Down arrows to adjust the speed. Low, Medium-Low, Medium, High. Up would go up from current state until High is reached. Down would go down from current state until Off is reached. This part seems rather tricky and I'm not quite sure how to do it. The Button Controller App gives me a way to toggle through the speeds on a rotation which is close. I can setup custom commands that work, but I need a way for HE to move through them incrementally. Any ideas?

There is new functionality coming to Rule Machine around fans. Right now, your best bet is to use the up for on the bottom for off and the center (button 3) to cycle the fan through the different speeds. Until Rule Machine can set a specific speed and also knows what the current speed is, you're kinda out of luck.

Bummer for now I guess. That 3 button setup is what I did temporarily for now anyway. I'll have to keep an eye out for the added fan functions.