[GUIDE] Echo Speaks Server on Docker (or without)

Close out of the app and go back in, see if it detects it.
Restart the container and then check if you are still logged in. If not log in again and DO NOT press Save at the bottom (which seems to log me out for some reason).

1 Like

ok .. sucess thanks got it working.. not sure what i did different.. now holding breath to see if it will update cookies automatically. i think is it every 12 hours?

also do you know if i can also host another copy on another nas in my other house or will they step on each other and would it be better to just open up the port to get the cookie from this nas to the world. ( really dont want to open the port)

ie

also not getting the everywhere device so i cannot send a notification to all devices.. any ideas..'
i do have the switch on.. ie

It is configurable, default is 4 days I think but you can force it after 24 hrs if you want to test it.

Should work fine, each one will create a separate login instance on your amazon account so its like two independent devices. Its just like having two phones logged into the Alexa app on the same account.

1 Like

In the HE Echo Speaks app go to "Manage Devices" > Unused Devices
Force it on. Not sure why its not getting created automatically. I do not use it so never noticed.

ya wasnt that.. followed rlithgow instrucitons here and got it working

Yes, I had the same issue. Set up a zone (call it what ever you want). A child app will be created under echo speaks. Go into the child app and click the CREATE DEVICE switch. The name of the group will now be a device. Set your announcement to go to that device. It will now do all speakers in that group at once instead of one at a time.

just assumed it would automatically create the device with all echos.. as the voice test feature worked for that when i toggled that.

anyway for urgent alerts when we dont know which house/property we will be in (ie water leak, etc) this is the only way to go.. otherwise you have to go tweak your hubs everytime you switch locations.

thanks again.. now ill have to set it up at our other house when i get back.. i accidentially nuked all the echos by changing password on my amazon account (someone was trying to hack me) just to be safe and clicked the sign out all devices.. forgetting that would nuke all the echos as well. sigh

once i am sure it is automatically refreshing the cookie successfully i will change all my notifications to that.. is there any option to get a text when the cookie is refreshed?

also anyway to summorize.. this does work in qnap nas with a little tweaking.. The only changes i made on creating it in docker was to add the ipaddress variable and change the port to 8091 so that it didnt nat a high port to 8191.. i did it directly in the qnap container station..

Its in the Notification settings, you can push it to any notification device. Can notify you on various things including the cookie refresh.

1 Like

So, Amazon and Authy paired fine together.
Reinstalled everything again; and got to the login page.
This time it did ask me for the OTA code.
However... it said it received the cookie, and then back to the dreaded blue login button page.
The same loop again...

I wonder if it is because I am attempting to use a local callback url?
I see @kahn-hubitat used the cloud callback url.

i didnt see an option to use a local callback url or i would have preferred it.. that is the url it gave me when i clicked on it.. maybe i missed an option.

It's mentioned at the bottom of the first post of this thread.

The only time it does this for me is if I press save after logging in. Need to log in then close that window, no save after.

Yes but you have to hit save to chsnge or add the callback url or it doesnt stick which means you have to do it twice.

@jtp10181: Hi Jeff,

I went ahead and purchased a laptop with the following features:

OS = Windows 11 Home
CPU = Intel Celeron N4020
Memory = 16 GB DDR4
Storage = 64 GB eMMX(OB)

I'd like to use the simplest set-up for the Echo Speaks local server. It seems using Docker for Windows is the easiest but let me know.

For the Docker for Windows it seems there are two different methods to run it (WSL 2 Backend or Hyper-V Backend and Windows Containers). Since I have Windows 11 Home, what is the best set-up? I'm not that worried about using a bunch of the memory.

Thanks,

John

Yes Docker should be the easiest to setup and manage.

I have always used the default which should be the WSL-2, I looked into it a little as well previously and it sounded like that was the better choice from what I could find.

this must be out of date as my cloud callback url looks nothing like that.

ie

https://cloud.hubitat.com/api/numerchanged-1283-43f9-ab3a-numberchnged/apps/1714/receiveData?access_token=7cbd83cb-c516-4249-aed7-numberchnged

so what would the local url look like for this

Your cloud URL looks exactly like my example. The example is only the front part of the URL, it says to replace that part and keep the rest. Your local URL would be like this:

http://LOCAL.HUB.IP/apps/api/1714/receiveData?access_token=7cbd83cb-c516-4249-aed7-numberchnged

yep once i changed it to that without the extra slash (sorry) it works fine with the local url..
so not sure what is going on for joshlobe

thanks again. donation on the way

1 Like

this is for josh and others for qnap instructions.once installed the docker image should look like this.. also ignore the nat ip ie 10.0.x.x that is not the actuall ip you will use to run the image.. it will be your nas's ips and that is what confused the container and why you have to add the ip addrss field on install as below,, This appears to be a qnap quirk of docker/container station..

the key is other than putting in the ip (your 192.x.x realip as a parameter ) and here are the steps to deploy in container station on qnap.. the only changes i made are circled in red..

fyi i was able to duplicate the setup on my other qnap nas and other hubitat in the other location..

one thing to beware is that it is tricky to get the stupid local url right.. took three tries..

remember when changing from hubitat.local to the ip it is the IP of your hubitat not your nas

and if you have the wrong local url that will cause the log in to not stick in the docker image... probably what others were seeing

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. if I load the yaml and start the application I get "exec /usr/local/bin/docker-entrypoint.sh: exec format error" which I assume is because the docker image is created using AMD64 and not ARM64. I haven't found a good resource for creating a Docker specific to the ARM architecture. I am still looking for a good guide to do this.

That is explained right below the YAML example in my guide: [GUIDE] Echo Speaks Server on Docker (or without)

NOTE: ARM or other non-amd64 systems (ex: Raspberry Pi)

If you need to build the image for a non-amd64 system, replace the image definition with this build definition instead.

# Replace image definition with build for non-amd64 systems
    build: https://github.com/tonesto7/echo-speaks-server.git
1 Like