GU10 and MR16 Bulbs

Thanks. I’ll check them out as well.

I'm using a Hue Sync box to sync lamps to TV sound (as per the OP's question) and to video with various Hue lamps. I added Gledopto's to my property and they also work very fine with the Hue Hub. But note that Hue is really picky about which lamps are allowed to be added to an Entertainment Area (which is what is necessary for light to sound/video syncing). If you try to add other manufacturer's lamps you get an errors stating that they do not have the required capability (I recall it saying something about speed or colour etc) and so Hue refuses to add them. It's obviously marketing BS to protect their sales, which frankly I don't appreciate. But it is what it is. Buyer beware as usual.

I went direct to the manufacturer and bought 30 of the MiLight RGBCCT GU10 bulbs for $300 shipped. Unfortunately they don’t directly integrate. Prior to Hubitat I had them connected to Wink with a Hue emulator. The community has an ESP8266 based solution but I haven’t built it yet.

I got the GU10 lamps before I was doing a lot of automation and they worked well. Now I need to bring them into the Hubitat universe.

I set the color temp in the middle so both white LEDs are on. This gives me descent color rendering for an LED. I’m primarily lighting photographs with them.

https://www.futlight.com/light/xqy/fut103.html

I ended up ordering the GLEDOPTO GU10’s from Amazon. I’m a little worried that the CT only goes down to 2700 ... I tend to use accent lights at 2200-2400. They arrive today and will install a few for testing.

Please let us know how that works. Not as inexpensive as the MiLights but cheaper than the Hue. Will you be connecting them to the Hubitat or a Hue hub?

This is what it looked like when I was testing them all. :slight_smile:

I'll be connecting directly to Hubitat, I don't have any Hue lights or Hue Bridge.

Nice ... taste the rainbow! :rainbow: