Grrr, Rule Machine OR only conditions?

I can't make these AND options to require all variables to the rule?

I have a few rules from 3.0 and they work great to handle daylight to evening scene transitions based on multiple values being met so that I don't run transitions on rooms that aren't on or already dimmed etc

4.1 doesn't seem to allow the AND requirement. Cloning a rule didn't work as it failed with errors.

Where are you trying to use AND? The most common mistake is people wanting to use it in a trigger. You can't, as triggers are just events; they do not have truth values. Instead, you can use conditional actions and combine things there however you want.

The second most common mistake is probably people thinking the "Manage or Create Conditions" box does anything in its own. You can pre-create conditions there if you want, but you can also create them on the fly. In any case, they only do something if they're actually used.

The Rule 4.0 docs have lots of examples of re-creating rules from older versions in 4.x, which may be particularly helpful to you given that you seem familiar with older versions.

I had all these rules working great. Now I have to re-create in a whole new way, if it's even possible.
I can also no longer seem to select scene transitions as a action out of the rule.

I want multiple conditions to be met for the rule, then an action.
Also been struggling with how to kill the process of the rule running when a switch is pushed in the middle of it running.

Why not just leave them in 3.0? You can still edit them, and they will still work.

I need to create new ones. Additional rooms, devices now. And the one I tried to clone broke now.

Also, is there no way to create an action for a scene transition from rules 4.1? I can not find any action to do that.

Ok, I found the ability to use a scene transition. Created some conditional values to match each one explicitly to run the rule, But now the rule wants to run in a loop and keeps restarting instead of letting the scene transition run.

Do these conditions need to be applied? Because they weren't working.

Also, stop actions didn't stop actions. How do I keep the rule from running a loop?

You have 3 trigger events, I think that is causing both problems you're describing.

Make the trigger for the rule Master switch on. Then in the actions, select "conditional action" then create an IF AND statement for level and temp.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.