Govee Integration V2

Correct.

Yes you just need to go into the settings and select the option to refresh the length once it is cut.

1 Like

Awesome.... ill get this one.... tell the govee people that they need to exclude BT only devices somehow so they cant be added as devices.

1 Like

Good morning @mavrrick58 wondering if you happen to know when/if the Govee ceiling lights (H60A1) will hit the API? I rushed to buy a few and forgot to check here first. Now I'm patiently waiting to add them in. Could it be there already, but a setting I missed?

Hard to say with brand new devices. Sometimes it just takes Govee a few weeks to get them added sometimes they are already added.

Have you already triee to add them with the integration.

The H60A0 is on the supported list. I would take that as a good sign thr H60A1 probably should be.

Please let me know how it goes.

Got the strip in and works perfectly !! Thanks for all your work....

2 Likes

So I just setup my first Govee device and setup this integration. The device is a H608A and I got it added via cloud API no problem and everything works as it should. My problem is, when I turn on Lan Control in both apps and set the IP address I can control the light (on, off, brightness etc) but when I try to set scenes none of the scene IDs match up with the list in state variables. I found that I can get some scenes to work if I use numbers in the 100-200 range but they seem different to their cloud API counterparts. Any idea what's going on or what I'm doing wrong?

The list of scenes have been extracted from devices I own, and in some cases similar type devives. I don't own the H608A but the H608B. It is possible some scenes that work on one but not the other though generally speaking i haven't seen that with similar devices. It could also be i used other pod light devices to create thr scene list.

My H608B hasn't been deployed yet so i doubt i got scenes directly from it.

The easiest way to fix that for your specific device would be for you to help me by using the extract scene process in the Govee Integration app. It can be a little tedious but once extracted you send me the state value for the extracted scenes. Then i can format it and add it into the app to help others with the same device.

1 Like

I can definitely help out, is there a walkthrough on how to do the extraction? I tried to start the process but keep getting stuck with the following:

Extracted command below:
Device name null
Scene name is null
Command is null
This command will work with any device with model null

I don't have a clue what I'm doing here so any help would be greatly appreciated! :grin:

I did this for a Govee table lamp a while ago, this is the process I used - Govee Integration for Govee Light, Switches, Plug, and now Appliances - #627 by mavrrick58

1 Like

I think I have it figured out. DM incoming.

1 Like

I'm getting Errors when I try to update with HPM. I have rebooted and that didn't solve anything either. I'm running a C8 on code level: 2.3.8.140. Does anyone have any ideas or tips to fix that?

Here are the screenshots and logs:

looking into it.

Please go ahead and try again. should be fixed.

That solved it! Thanks!

Version 2.1.3 is now available.

This includes Scenes for the String downlights and the Floor Lamp Pro

A update to the Govee Integration was made as it was found that the name created for the Govee Device manager Virtual device was being labled incorrectly. That has been fixed.

With the Govee Device manager bug found if you installed the integration new instead of upgradeing from the previous 2.0 release you may need to update the lable for it. Please make sure the Govee Device Manager is has the label "Govee v2 Device Manager". The v2 was missing. This may cause problems with certain routines that match off of that.

I am having trouble getting this to work. I installed it through HPM (1.9.3). Is it supposed to appear under Apps or something?

Thanks

Hpm just installs the code on your hub. Once you install the code with HPM you need to gonthe Apps menu and the click on the button to add user apps. That will open a menu where you will select thd "Govee Integration v2" which will install the smart app nd open up the initial menu. Click on done and then get your APIkey and load it in the app.

1 Like

I'm so dumb for forgetting this step. Thank you for the help.

1 Like

Figured I would post here about my results with the new H5085 Smart Plug profrom Govee. Be careful not to confuse this with the H5086 Smart Plug Pro with power monitoring. This smart plug is the latest Govee Tiny Round plug for power control. The unique thing about it is that it supports "Matter".

There really isn't much about it. It is tiny and it is a smart plug that supports matter no additional functions other then making your outlet smart. It paired right up with Hubitat and has worked flawlessly so far.

Ironically from what i can tell it doesn't support the new API. But with Matter support it doesn't need to. It is local control directly with the hub.

Govee just announced a new Outdoor Wall light device that will be released on 5/20. You can get a 30% discount if you sign up for the code in the app. This is like a outdoor light for a porch or sides of garage.

It will have all the typical good featurs Govee has along with Matter support.

They are really stepping up their Matter support.

1. M1 LED light strip
  2. Floor lamp 2
  3. Tower fan
  4. Smart plug pro H5085
  5. Outdoor wall Light.
  6. Perm outdoor lights pro
  7. Neon Rope Light 2

Seems like they have a wide variety of device categories covered.