Govee Integration V2

@mavrrick58 I am seeing this in my logs... is this a issue?

dev:13742024-02-21 09:31:31.787 PM debugget DeviceState(): CT of 2000 did not change ignoring
dev:13742024-02-21 09:31:31.780 PM debugget DeviceState(): ColorRGBNum of 16777215 did not change ignoring

working correctly now.. not sure when i tested and it didn't work if i was on v1 or v2

1 Like

That is not a issue.

That is one of the changes from a few builds back where logic was added into the device status poll to look at current state and only send the event if the status has changed. It was a improvement to help better track color mode which isn't clearly defined with the returned data.

The Colormode attribute now should more accurately display what the last accessed mode was (ie a effect(scene), CT, or RGB). Prior to that logic it was getting updated at each pool and potentially causing mismatches.

1 Like

@kahn-hubitat

Govee just responded to my post on their discussion board about adding a fade over time option very similar to how it is implemented here in HE. Their response was positive and it looks like it may be implemented in the near future. I will update it as soon as i see the change in the API documentation.

3 Likes

Make sure to mention we would like a fade up/on as well as down over time. Thanks.

1 Like

I was having troubles with HPM updating my Govee app to 1.0.52 and I learned about this new v2 integration. I requested a new API key, which appears that it invalidated my previous API key. I didn't notice it for a few hours though. My logs were full of these errors after making the switch to v2. Before I uninstalled v1.

Kind of a moot point, but maybe a heads up? I'm assuming they were caused because I asked for a new key and didn't re-use my previous one.

That is expected behavior. Replacing your API key should hardly ever need to be done.

1 Like

Ah. So I could have re-used the previous one. Thx

Yep. The token is just govee's way if identifing you. So if you get new one it resets all the stuff associated with you.

The only reason anyone would ever need to request a new one is the rare occasion were things are not updating properly on Govee's side. Even then reaching out to support could possibly resolve it.

V1 worked great for me except the DIY I could never get working. I only have 1 x Lyra (H6072), it shows up in the list to tick it but v2 still says 0 devices integrated, where as v1 shows 1 device integrated.

If I click to add it manually, it shows 1 device integrated, but trying to extract DIY scenes still says "Null" in each line

Can you please open the Govee integration app and turn on debug logging. Then generate the problem and send me the logs in a PM.

I have two H6072 lyra lamps so they certainly work.

In v2 do you see the device to select, but then it just never creates the device?

Obviously not a big deal, but which app/driver is throwing these debug log messages? I've turned off all debug logging that I can find but these two messages still show up.

what messages are you refering to. Can you screen shot the debug message in the live logging so we can see it. It is easy to filter it from the live logging page. Click on the device/app id on the far left of the message and it should filter buy it and then you will know what it is by looking at what device was highlighted across the top.

My bad, I was referring to the messages you were replying about higher up in the thread. How could you possibly know?

He didnt add the if debug logic in the code... not a biggie but @mavrrick58 should

I have fixed it on my development hub. It will be updated in next release to prevent those messages. They shouldn't be generated all the time. Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

Minor update posted. Has the fix discussed above by @Evilborg and @OldChicagoPete.

I also identified a but while testing with one of the light drivers that was corrected.

4 Likes

does govee have a way to save diy/custom effects and thus share them with others..

i do see some scene managment options.. i assume i can import diy or scenes from other users..

anyone have hannukah themed scenes?

i have made some custom changes to the lan driver specifically to have a desclog option for rgbw lights and reporting very simliar to stock advanced rgbw bulb driver.. if anyone interested..

ie..

warning..

wtf just as i got the outdoor ground lights working and put in an outdoor outlet cover and realized i needed the 50 ft instead of 36 ft..

so i get it and go to install it and realize the power adapter is much larger ... oh hell.