Google Home

Hello, I have a question about my connection Hubitat into Google Home.
I connect from Google home , add a device and select the Hubitat. After enter my credentials, it ask me for my Dashboard, confirm it and than the device which i confirm as well. After that the widow close and a little top message (like a terminal message) Connection successful.
After going into Google Home no device is there. Look into it there is no connection at all with Hubitat.

My question is Hubitat possible in Google Home ?

I suppose you are doing this process in GH, after you link GH with HE (you must add HE in GH first) you can visit GH integration in HE apps section and choose the devices you want to see in GH, then after you saved you speak to GH to "synchronize devices" and it will answer that syncing devices for Hubitat.

I'm having exactly the same issue. I add the Hubitat to Google Home through the "works with Google" add, and after logging in, choosing my hub, selecting devices, and clicking authorize, I get "accounts now linked". This adds the Google home app to my Hubitat, but it doesn't seem to add it to the Google home app. Asking my Google home to sync devices only syncs smartthings, and the Hubitat doesn't show in linked accounts in Google home. I can try and change the authorized devices in the Google Home app on Hubitat, but it never adds the linked account to Google Home. I'm on platform version 2.0.4.117.

Google has weird behaviors, I had to say sync devices in each speaker, all speakers(7) in the same account for this reason, one speaker controls HE not the other, weird, and I had to remove some speakers from the account then link them back to the same account to get the HE response. Now I can control HE in all speakers, this happened after google did some updates.

I'm new here, just my hub about 5 minutes ago and I wanted to add GH and I thought it was an App from HE. I know see that I need to add it form GH. I will try that later. However, I had the same problem when doing this with a Home Life App I wanted to connect. My problem was that I was using a different default browser than Chrome on my Android phone. Once I switched to Chrome I no longer got stuck on the "account now linked". It continued on. If you're not using Chrome as your default browser, give that a try and see if it helps.

Is there a method to make power outlets appear as outlets (or anything other than a light) in the google home app?

I asked google home to turn off my lights, and it turned off all my lights and all my power sockets as well. I've looked in google app and cant find an easy solution (or any solution).

Hello. I'm having an issue linking HE with my Google Home.
(I've already got some ST devices linked.)
I tell my GH to link with Hubitat.
It goes to the Oath screen where I authorize all (or some) devices.
It goes back to GH and delivers the following error message:
Couldn't update the setting.
Check your connection.

My GH app on my phone is connected via wifi to my network. My HE is connected to the same (my) network. (Checked and verified by looking at the list of attached devices in my router).
Does anyone understand what this error message means?

In the Oath try just selecting one light or switch, after completed go to the new installed google app in HE and add the rest of devices. Good luck.

Same error after selecting just one device.

Also, it does appear that the built in app "Google Home" has been set up correctly.

Maybe you just need to check the devices in HE app, then speak to a google "synchronize devices"

I did that too.

Did you try removing google app from HE hub and then trying to add it in GH app?

I got it.

The problem was that the google id that I was on in my Google Home app did not match the google id that I setup for use in Hubitat.
Once I changed in the GH app to the Hubitat id, everything linked up.

Thanks for all your help - what a beginner's error!

1 Like

mike:
Is there a method to make power outlets appear as outlets (or anything other than a light) in the google home app?

Were you able to change your outlet to something other than light in Google Home?
Am having the same issue as yours, GH turns off the outlet when you ask it to turn off all lights.

Hi Matt,

Having the same issue. Did you manage to get around it? Thanks in advance.

Same issue here, tried removing and re-add and get GH error -couldn't update setting. Check your connection. I tried switching default browsers between chrome and Firefox with no luck. Any suggestions?

I read somewhere on here, cant remember where, that you have to go into your google account and delete the the google home. Then you have to go back into the google home app and reinstall it and then link it up with Hibitat. I did this a few weeks back and it stopped working. I gave up. I also have an echo dot linked up with Hubitat. In my opinion it is much better. Unlike the google home, it always announces what sensor is open. The google home would do this for a few days and then stop. I'm thinking about getting another echo dot to replace my google home.

I just set up my HE for the first time today as well. I synced my Zooz zen27 dimmer switch to HE which I see in the devices page.

Then I tried adding HE to my Google Home app on my Pixel. I noticed that it didn't see any devices, but I just hit Allow all. Hubitat doesn't show in my Google Home app as a connected Linked Service. When I try to add it again it says accounts now linked but when I refresh my Google Home app it never appears.

I do see the Google app in my HE. Anyone else? I haven't updated the firmware since it came out of the box but I've rebooted the HE.

I am getting this error in the log for the Google Home device

tokenResponse Error: null, retry count exceeded, giving up for now

When I try to control a light in my kitchen by voice, it tells me "there was an error with Kitchen Light 1" This device doesn't show on my Google ho.e and only existed while I was setting up lights. Strange enough, if my phone is close enough, it will respond to the command and successfully execute it.

Very confused. I checked the selected devices I. The Google app in HE and the mentioned device is not there. I have synchronized devices but Hubitat is not mentioned