Google Home voice options

Seem to be getting somewhere. You mentioned you were using an earlier version. Is the code you pasted above compatible with 1.2.1?

And the service manager? Is that SmartThings only?

Service manager had no updates for 1.2.1. I am using 1.2.1. You can use the Drivers from the older version as well. There was only API internal changes in 1.2.1. I just suggest using mine since the stock ones don't use "Device Notification" only "Speak". I dunno why, I just prefer notification. Leaves more options.

OK. I'm there. How do I change to the male voice? I don't like my GPS talking to me in the house :wink:

Tried setting the defaults in Invocation, but it keeps speaking in the female voice. Assistant Relay is honoring my Google Assistant Setting. Cast Web is not.

Are you using the Broadcast feature or are you using the individual devices? Because your broadcast voice is controlled by the Google Assistant app on your phone. The voice of your individual cast devices is controlled either by the Google TTS settings in the driver or in the hubitat settings within the settings menu.

1 Like

If I send a test from the parent app (Broadcast), itโ€™s Male. If I send from the child app (unit specific), itโ€™s female.

Maybe I canโ€™t use the same Client ID and Secret that Google Assistant Relay is using?

Where do I change the TTS Voice setting for the driver? It only shows on/off for the Google TTS Voice and country (accent) settings. Is there a place to manually enter it in a config file?

Which voice did you want to change? I said, if you want to change the broadcast voice, you have to change the assistant voice for the device. That's the voice it uses.

If you want to change the voice for the child devices, turn off Google TTS and use the Hubitat settings I just showed you. Okay?

Understood. Not what I was looking for though. I prefer the Google TTS voices over the Hubitat voices. Don't want broadcast. So will have to live with the Female Google TTS voice for the child devices unless vervallsweg is able to (and wants to) add the option.

Not such a big deal really. Just a preference. It's all working really well. Really appreciate your help with this. Will likely stop using Chromecast Integration (Beta) now since this does all the same things and a bit more as far as I can tell.

You're welcome. I mainly use the broadcast function or to broadcast MP3 files to my speakers, so I never ran into that.
BTW, it will also recognize speaker groups as individual cast devices if you want your announcements to use the cast function and be synced (play together).

1 Like

Any idea why I get these errors? It's working, but generating errors. I hadn't set anything in the child preferences (other than the Stop after TTS which we know doesn't work, and the Use Google TTS Voice? and Google TTS language). So I set the debug log level to test, and it gives a warning when I set debug log level to 4, an error if I set it to No Selection, and the child device does not work at all if I set the debug log level to 0.

I'm using the code you posted above.

Debug log level set to 4

dev:36662019-06-28 11:36:48.911 am warnplayTrack() data: [{ "mediaType":"audio/mp3", "mediaUrl":"", "mediaStreamType":"BUFFERED", "mediaTitle":"hello", "mediaSubtitle":"Hubitat notification", "mediaImageUrl":"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ryancasler/Hubitat_Ryan/master/Icons/Icon4.png", "googleTTS":"en-CA"}]

dev:36662019-06-28 11:36:48.909 am warnnumber: 0

Debug log level set to No Selection

dev:36662019-06-28 11:36:48.909 am warnplayTrack() data: [{ "mediaType":"audio/mp3", "mediaUrl":"", "mediaStreamType":"BUFFERED", "mediaTitle":"hello", "mediaSubtitle":"Hubitat notification", "mediaImageUrl":"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ryancasler/Hubitat_Ryan/master/Icons/Icon4.png", "googleTTS":"en-CA"}]

dev:36662019-06-28 11:36:48.909 am warnnumber: 0

dev:36662019-06-28 11:36:37.712 am errorException caught while parsing data: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_vervallsweg_cast_web_device_1963.removePresetMediaSubtitle() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [--]

dev:36662019-06-28 11:36:37.685 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_vervallsweg_cast_web_device_1963.parsePresets() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] on line 77 (updated)

dev:36662019-06-28 11:36:37.662 am debugupdated

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.