Google Home Supported Device Types

I was hoping that, as a device integrated with Hubitat Elevation, that the integration with Google Home could allow Google Home to see those temperature values.

I added the device to the Google Integration app in Hubitat Elevation and then asked Google to Synchronize devices. I don't see the sensor on the list of devices in Google Home. It is only a sensor and most (if not all) the other devices that have synchronized with Google Home are switches.

Yes, the Sensative Strips are Z-Wave.

I believe the Home Hub and the Home Speakers (original and mini) support the same integrations. At least as far as I can tell at this early stage.

1 Like

That's correct - they're all the same thing in different forms.

Not sure if this will wind up anyplace helpful, but I dug in a little bit and wound up at the last site listed below. Could be something worth looking at? (Also just found this, might be worth looking at: Compatible Gateways for Strips Comfort – Sensative AB)

http://www.yggio.com/
https://swagger.ygg.io/

The Sensative Strips pair and work fine with Hubitat (they also worked with SmartThings). I would like to find a way to use the temperature information from the Strips "Comfort" sensor (temperature and lux value) in Google Home. I've added all my switches through the google Home integration app and they work well (thus allowing me to turn off IFTTT for now) but when I add the Strips "Comfort" to the list in the app on Hubitat and tell one of the Google Home devices to Synchronize Devices it never shows up in Google Home. I suspect it's because that type of device is not yet supported by Google Home. Thus prompting me to inquire if Google publishes a list somewhere . . .

Took me a while to find in again. You have to click the "view more" at the top right of each category to see the complete list.

https://assistant.google.com/explore/c/19/

1 Like

Our integration supports thermostats, bulbs switches and dimmers.

1 Like

So he could have his Comfort strips set the temperature of a virtual thermostat via RM and then ask Google for the temperature of that virtual thermostat?

1 Like

https://assistant.google.com/explore/c/19/

Excellent! Thank you!

1 Like

Also, since @mike.maxwell says thermostats are supported, have you tried this?

Curiosity got the best of me. Was trying to build the rule myself, but although I can set the temperature to a specific value in the driver, and I can set it to a specific value with a custom command 'setTemperature', I cannot see a way to make a temperature sensor adjust the temperature of a virtual thermostat via Rule Machine.

@bravenel is this possible? The use case would be to allow a user to use any temperature sensor, map it's value to a virtual thermostat in RM and then be able to ask Alexa or Google Assistant for the temperature of the virtual thermostat and the feedback would actually be from the thermostat that was matching its reading to the virtual thermostat.

Are there any plans to expand on this? For example Window Shades is one in particular I would like to have since I just bought a bunch of Axis Gear motors for my roller shades :wink:

5 Likes

Also, any plan to support contact sensors, multi sensors (Temp, Humidity, Motion) ?

1 Like

I would also like to see things like contact & multi sensors, and buttons supported for Google. I have a multi sensor on my porch that when it was connected to a Smartthing hub I could ask Google for the temp. The porch is south facing and can warm up pretty significantly on cooler days, then I can open the door to the rest of the house and enjoy the heat. Being able to ask Google what the temperature is was very convenient.

1 Like

We were engaged with them for implementation of their highly touted, and now almost forgotten local api. At that time we were going to look at extending the integrations device type support.
The GH local api project turned into an epic support cluster of me saying that they offered insufficient documentation for a hub integration and them telling us that such documentation existed within the materials already available.
It became obvious that while a hint of a schema existed for this type of integration, all their examples and tested code were geared towards individual lan devices, not a hub proxy.
So we've moved on, I think they have since updated their docs, and we'll get back to this at some point in the future.

5 Likes

Thanks for all your hard work Mike.

Mike can we get an update on the Google home integration expansion? With Android Beta 11 the power button smartphone shortcut is an amazing dashboard if we could just get more items supported such as contact sensors, door locks, and smoke alarms. Thanks

2 Likes

If you haven't seen it already, this is possible now with the community integration: [Alpha] Community-maintained Google Home integration

I have recently setup a virtual thermostat and found it not able to be placed in the google home device list. I've also tried to do levels for switches with no luck as well for google home commands. Is this going to be expanded and/or a better way to troubleshoot the issues with diags?