Google Home not Setting Thermostat Temp

Thanks Mike! I love how responsive you guys are with HE is!

1 Like

@mike.maxwell just to give an update about the update. Works flawlessly. Thank you!

2 Likes

2.0.9 does not fix Google Home setting thermostat using the generic zigbee thermostat driver and a centralite perl thermostat. Google still says "okay setting temperature" and it never changes. Turning on debugging for the device shows nothing and google home integration has no debugging.

This was for CT100 issue. I don't if that driver will clear up your issue, but you can try. There's a new driver for the CT100.

I wasn't aware that this was broken...
I'll have a look at that next round.

Hi Mike, thanks for adding it to the list. I understand the community can get unwieldy at times but you can guess why I was surprised it wasn't fixed:

I never know if I should report these issues to support@hubitat.com or if that's just spam/noise as you are obviously tracking these items somewhere anyway and no one likes to hear about it 5 times.

Anyway, thanks for the update and I'll look forward to seeing it in a future update!

Yeah, I try to track these, some times I loose them...

As a product and development manager by day, I understand so, so much how that happens...

1 Like

That's awesome! One more custom driver in the trash can!

@mike.maxwell I think I found a glitch. If I manually change the temperature at the thermostat, it's not reflected in the Google Home (Hub or phone app) unless I go in to HE, click on the thermostat, then click "refresh". Then the settings update.

The thermostat will update the setpoints when changed at the thermostat, it's not the fastest update I've ever seen, but it does update.
I noticed it would take 2 or 3 seconds, this when running on a.c. (c wire), I would not run this thermostat on batteries.

Yeah I have the "c"wire connected. It was changed by the schedule at 8 am and when I checked it at around noon it still displayed the temp I set last night, both in GH and HE. Then when I played with it this evening, when I hit refresh everything was correct in HE and when I checked GH it was corrected there.

I'm not sure if this is related, or if it has been fixed as I haven't tested in a while but:

Granted that was related to nest which isnt officially supported.

With my GoControl user driver the local (at the thermostat) setpoint changes show up in Google Home as expected. Just tried it again to verify. So I don't think it is any kind of systemic GH integration issue.

Note that I did have to refresh the google home screen before the new setpoint showed on the google home display, though.

If it didn't update in HE, it could be a driver issue - but just as likely may be an update issue. @curtman3 Did you hit Configure on the device details page after changing to the new driver in 2.0.9?

All the commands are working with no issues thorugh GH in heating or cooling mode. The only issue seems to be with "refresh". Even in HE no changes are seen unless I manually press refresh in HE.

Yes, but did you hit Configure on the thermostat device details page? If not, it is worth a shot. Might not fix it, but very well may. Won't hurt in any case.

Yes I did and no change. Hit refresh and everything matches correctly. Is there a way to build a refresh into the driver?

You could make an RM rule to do it externally. It will never be added into the driver that way though, as that isn't how it is supposed to work. Drivers are not supposed to need to hit refresh to work...

You may want to turn on debug logging, and see if anything is even being logged in Hubitat when making a setpoint change on the thermostat.

If it is, share the log with @mike.maxwell. If nothing is even being logged on the HE side when you make a local thermostat setpoint change, then there is a bigger issue with reporting from the thermostat.

Thanks for the tip. Can you guide me on how to do that in RM? PM if you want so we don't derail this topic too much. I took a quick look this morning before work, but couldn't find anything about that.

I will definitely look in to the logs.

Thanks!

You bet. After I'm home from work I'll show you how I do it. Would be the same as how I refresh Life 360 every 5 minutes (I think).

1 Like