Google Home issues since upgrading to 2.3.2.125 (C7) -- and now again updating to 2.3.2.133

Since upgrading to the 2.3.2.125 platform version I can no longer get my google home to sync with hubitat using the “sync devices” voice command using any of my google mini(s) as it tells me “something went wrong while syncing the hubitat”.

When I go into the app for Google Home, I am able to select additional devices and click “done”, but I still get the same message on the google mini where it won’t sync them.

When I switch to the Google Home App on my iPad and go into home control > manage accounts > Hubitat > Check for new devices, I’m presented with they Auth screen. I login with my Hubitat Credentials, then I get the option for selecting the hub I would like to allow access. I do this and click the select button. The next screen gives the error - parameter state must be set in the query string.

The error in the log shows app:53 tokenResponse Error: null, retry count exceeded, giving up for now.

I tried to restore the Hubitat from the backup I made before upgrading to 2.3.2.125 but it only restored the database and didn't fix these issues. I have IP reservations for all my google mini's. I've rebooted my router, etc. Any other thoughts as to what I can do to get Google Home working with Hubitat again?

Rick Lithgow on Facebook told me to tag -- @gopher.ny

There aren't any Google home specific changes in 2.3.2.125, or in 2.3.2 compared to 2.3.1 for that matter. I went through the steps above and could not reproduce the error, which means it is not a systemic problem.

Is there anything in the logs besides the "retry count exceeded" error?
If not, can you PM me your hub's id? There may be more in the engineering logs.

1 Like

Make sure that all devices that are authorized in the Google Home app have current states. If you are not sure which one might be the problem, then remove any custom drivers from the Google Home app to see if that resolves the problem. If it does, then you know which device is causing the issue.

Hi, I've sent the ID over in a email to support@hubitat.com yesterday with a little more details and screen shots. Are you able to access the support email? I received a return response but no ticket number.

It's odd, yesterday none of the devices brought over from Hubitat had a status in Google Home App... they either had an ! or ?, I don't remember exactly. Out of zero intervention on my behalf, Google was able to sync devices with voice command just 10 minutes ago and I'm able to control Hubitat devices with google again.

If the device spents some time disconnected from the power, network or internet it might take a while to catch up. If Google Home misbehaves, or any cloud connected devices for that matter, first check to make sure the hub is able to reach the cloud.

1 Like

Google can be randomly fickle about the sync and how it displays stuff in the Home app -- I've learned going down that "why" rabbit hole isn't time well spent, and stuff typically works fine anyway.

2 Likes

I just updated from 2.3.2.131 to 2.3.2.133 at about 1pm this afternoon, and the same issue is going on. Google Home can't communicate with the Hubitat. There was no disconnection with internet. The last time it was 1-2 days of it not working for us and I really hope we aren't without this feature again for so long.

Same issue using the voice command: I can no longer get my google home to sync with hubitat using the “sync devices” voice command using any of my google mini(s) as it tells me “something went wrong while syncing the hubitat”.

Same error using the google home app to sync as well: When I switch to the Google Home App on my iPad and go into home control > manage accounts > Hubitat > Check for new devices, I’m presented with they Auth screen. I login with my Hubitat Credentials, then I get the option for selecting the hub I would like to allow access. I do this and click the select button. The next screen gives the error - parameter state must be set in the query string.

If I go to my.hubitiat.com and login, the Platform version shows as 2.3.2.131, and last checkin is 06/30/2022 - 10:38:49 -- BEFORE I initiated the update.

Please help, thanks.

I just tried this by going first to the Google Assistant app and "Manage Accounts". When I tried to use the "Check for new devices" option, I didn't get your same error, but It asked me to login again using my hub credentials. I then got the response "The page cannot be displayed".

So I went onto my hub and opened the Google Home Hubitat app, and then just pressed the Done button. Then when I went back to the Google Assistant and tried "Check for new devices". It asked for my hub, and then showed the list of my hub devices (which is the same as the devices that were selected in the Google Home app on my hub). So I scrolled to the bottom and tapped "Authorize" and everything seems to be fine.

Download the Hubitat app