Google home integration

Hi All,

I have been trying to add a create a custom driver for simple switch with my DIY sensors. I followed device capability list and create a garage door device: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ArrrNeo/Hubitat/master/drivers/garage-door-status.groovy. this seems to work fine and i could get it in google home through google home integration.

However my 2nd device driver which for now is simple switch (which i plan to control through raspberry pi) i cannot get it integrated. I stripped it of all complexity and created simplistic driver: Hubitat/simple-switch.groovy at master ยท ArrrNeo/Hubitat ยท GitHub, still GH refuses to get accept it with following error:

The following devices are not supported by Google Home and will be removed from your device list:[Simple Switch]

I even tried duplicating my 1st device which was successfully integrated with GH, still GH refuse to accept that device. How can I debug why GH is refusing my device. I looked at logs, device driver log looks clean, and google home integration app does not output much other than error log pasted above.

Please help.

Thanks and Regards
Naveen Rawat

Maybe remove the Initialize capability, and the initialize function. I have a custom switch driver that has only Actuator & Switch capabilities, with only on/off/installed functions, and it works with GH.

Another option - if you will just be turning it off and on externally, you could use the Virtual Switch built into Hubitat.

I remember something about a device needing a state before it can be added to GH.

1 Like

thanks i will try, i plan to extend this. switch is what i selected just to test integration, i want to create a TV driver with my DIY sensor controls

thanks .. keeping state and switching them with on/off function worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.