Google Home "couldn't reach SmartThings"

I was on SmartThings for about 3 years and decided to move over to Hubitat. I bought an HE C-7 during the Labor day sale. I converted all of my automations, webcore, 80+ devices, etc to HE in about 10 days. The problem, is that occasionally when I say a command to Google like "Hey Google, turn on Festive Lights" it will respond with "I couldn't reach SmartThings". But I've disconnected my ST hub. Also in the Google Home app I unlinked ST and I linked HE. So not sure why it says "SmartThings" instead of "Hubitat". Any help to get rid of this bad memory (laggy ST)?

Check this post. Sometimes Google likes to hold onto linked accounts:

1 Like

Thanks, it might be fixed now. I went and unlinked Hubitat. Then I noticed 3 devices that were still in Google Home which were linked to ST but I couldn't unlink (some message like not being the owner). I have my wife's email linked to my Google Home, so I checked my wife's phone and found that her Google Home app had ST still linked. I unlinked that and the 3 devices disappeared and I received notification on my phone of their removal. I then went ahead on my phone and linked back to Hubitat and had the option to include my previously selected devices.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue at will. But I'm pretty sure that my wife's link to ST was causing this occasional problem.

1 Like

3 months now and I haven't heard that pesky "I couldn't reach SmartThings" message.

1 Like