Good Night/Away

I have a Webcore Piston where if the location mode change to Night or Away lots of lights and switches turn off, then 4 garage doors close, and 5 door locks lock. Most of the lights and switches turn off, but most of the time some of the doors won't lock and and one or two garage doors won't close.

The lights and switches I can live with because they will shut off on their own at some point an follow a night or away routine moving forward, but I need to have the doors lock and garage doors close without fail.

I have a large house with 3 Hubitat hubs - one in the house, one in the garage and one in the barn. The house has 2 door locks on the house hub, the garage has 2 door locks and 3 garage doors, and the barn hub has one door lock and one garage door. I have split these up by hubs in Webcore and added a 2 and 5 second delays between the actions totry to not overwhelm them but inevitably a couple of locks and a garage door or two will still not lock or close.

This worked flawlessly, without the 5 second delays in Smartthings. It seems like too many things fire off at once and Hubitat does not put them in a cue to happen later and they just simply get missed.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Have you tried creating similar automations with any of the hub’s built-in apps?

I have not - are you referring to Rule Machine?

That would be one option.

You could also use simple automation rules, basic rules and mode lighting to do the same things.

Ok, I will give that a shot - thanks for the advice.

My estimation is your network gets very busy (zwave) with a lot of commands.

There is a command in webcore for command execution delay (it is a piston setting), and you can make it 250 ms for example to have webcore space the commands (without you doing waits).

My view is changing to another app may not change this, and your zwave network gets very busy.

So try the piston setting vs. re-writing things.

This may be a sign your network (or some devices) have slower communication

Thanks, I will try that. Since putting in my 3rd hub everything seems very snappy, but I will give the execution delay a whirl.

I am certainly getting frustrated - as much as I love Hubitat compared to Smartthings, locks and garage doors are a pain in the A$$.

I tried the delay in Webcore and no luck. So I set up Rule Machine and wrote a simple rule to shut off lights, lock doors and close garage doors. Sporadically 1 or 2 of 5 door locks won't lock (and they are split across 3 Hubitat hubs). I have added delays, have reliable locks installed and still no luck.

Also, many times the garage doors will physically close (Linear GDZ's) but the device status will get stuck on "closing" or "open". If I close garage doors individually using the dashboard the report properly. If I lock locks with the dashboard individually they lock fine.

This is a fundamental task in home automation. Simply turning off lights, locking doors, and closing garage doors when you go to bed... I cannot believe that this is so difficult to accomplish. Not to mention that I purchased 3 hubs to try and make this as efficient as possible.

It seems like multiple commands are keeping things from happening - like the hub's aren't cuing up processes. Sorry for the rant, this just shouldn't be this hard.