Going crazy

Yeah who knows what happened, probably got out of sync being offline 4 days for our move... Who knows.

I'm still growing my mesh but thankfully in the RV there will be no bulbs.. so they are temporary at this point, and I much prefer the in wall switch things anyway, but those just don't work everywhere, but with where things are at this point, wiring an in line switch to my night stand lights should be easy enough with something like a sonogram. So I can use whatever pretty lights my wife wants and not need special bulbs... And then I will use LED strip lights for the rgbw in areas... Lots of fun options these days.. and it'll probably be even better when we settle down in a new house in a couple years. My wife is getting tired of me watching home automation videos on YouTube...

Okay I guess random question, if anyone has a suggestion.

I bought some of the v3 Iris contact sensors without magnet's. Mostly to use for temp sensors, because they were cheap on eBay.

But does anyone know if there's a special magnet b that's needed for them to trigger? Or should any work? I just tested them with the magnet from my smarthings contact sensors, but was thinking maybe using these in my friend/freezer (found post suggesting them so figured I'd try) and why not use it to monitor the door status too, because the kids don't always close it. But hoping to get a thin magnet strip if it'll work vs the bulk type that usually come with sensors. Actually have a few of those from an old alarm system that was installed in the house before we moved in...

Your lights dashboard looks good. But what's a Dinning Room? :slight_smile: Sorry, I couldn't resist. That popped right out at me LOL.

Glad you're making progress with your conversion from Wink. This community truly is the best!

1 Like

Fat fingers little screen.. lmao

1 Like

Better? Lmao

2 Likes

Yeppers!

1 Like

Any magnet will work. Your alarm one should be fine. There are magnets (probably identical to the ones for your security system) available on Amazon separately if you need more.

1 Like