Going Back to SmartThings

Am I correct that the konnected essentially replaces the standalone alarm's controller, and only for wired devices (sensors/sirens)? To be honest, I just haven't been pleased with security on smartthings or hubitat. It only takes a small device or mesh issue to make all or parts of it useless. I'm really leaning towards a standalone security system to avoid issues with sensors, software updates, etc. -- so long as Hubitat can get sensor status to use for automations.

Yes.. your DSC zones will show up in Hubitat. And they update very fast with almost no delay.

This is what I am using. The evisalink and professional monitoring. Having it integrated into hubitat allow me to auto arm the alarm with modes.

1 Like

Two ways to do it with Konnected:

1. Replace the wired system w/Konnected. That's what most on here that use Konnected did.
  2. Add the new Konnected ON TOP OF the wired system. See link: New Product! Konnected Alarm Panel INTERFACE connects in parallel to a | Konnected Inc.
1 Like

That's exactly what I wanted to know and confirm, thank you!. Are you happy with the combination? I think this will ultimately give the lowest headache and highest WAF.

Sorry, should have said that I would need a combination of wired/wireless sensors (brick house), so konnected probably wouldn't fit the need (but wish it could!). I think envisalink + DSC will probably do what I need to do.

Yes.. I am very happy with this combination. I feel this is the most secure way to do it. I don't mind paying for the monthly monitoring if it means my house is still protected anytime my hub decide to crash.

2 Likes