GoControl WA00Z-1 double-click not working

I'm playing with my first one of these. I've got the Hubitat responding to simple pushes on the top and bottom buttons (reported as button 1 and button 2 in the resulting events); pairing wasn't a problem, and it does recognize both buttons (I'm using the Generic Z-Wave Button Controller driver, there doesn't seem to be a specific driver for this).

I can program Rule Machine to respond to button 1 or button 2 being pushed, or held and released (however, the device page does show the number of buttons for the device as 1, as described in other threads here).

What I can't do is get the device to send a double-click on button 1. If I go to the device page and use the command button to send a double-click, and specify button 1, that works, it shows up in the event log for the device, and Rule Machine then responds to it. But I can't get the actual device to actually send that (it just sends a single button 1 pressed event).

Have you tried button controller? If it supports double clicks that should do it for you.

As I said above, I'm using the Generic Z-Wave Button Controller driver. I've also tried the Generic Component Button Controller; I can't find any difference in their behavior.

Neither will send double-click from the device, though both will send double-click from the device web page on my Hubitat (pushing the "Double-tap" button with button 1 or 2 filled in in the field below that button; the sending of the double-click message shows in the event log).

No, I mean button controller app not driver.

Okay, tried it; no luck.

The double-click message never comes out of the device, so it doesn't matter what the app set to process it does, it never gets triggered. I see press messages and hold messages and release messages, but double-tap messages never appear (when I double-click a button I get a single push message for that button).

@bobbyD any advice?

I'm now trying to verify that this device actually supports double-click; that might explain it.

1 Like

From ST thread.... Maybe this is what's happening (only answering in the absence of anyone who knows better than I)

"The old handler for this switch also never supported double tap, so that’s a new function with the update. The only problem is that due to limitations of the way this switch/remote itself works (that has nothing to do with Samsung or this code), the “scene control” for single taps always triggers even with a double tap."

@bcopeland Do you have any experience with these switches?

I am not familiar with this device, but you are using the recommended driver. Have you clicked Configure button? You may need to exclude and re-include. Also, try the Generic Scene driver type. Be sure to click configure, evey time you update the driver type.

1 Like

I've probably been forgetting to click configure, at least much of the time, when testing things. I'll keep that in mind, and re-test some things.