GoControl Thermostat eating batteries an no warning from Hubitat or Watchdog

What a relief, thought I was doing something wrong lolo. Much appreciate your time! I'll wait for Jason.

1 Like

It should be merged now.

1 Like

For ALL that had the same issue as I did with the use of batteries in my Gocontrol thermostat (this applies to almost any Smart thermostat also), Honeywell has a GREAT Video that explains that you can use the "G" terminal wire as your "C" common wire thus allowing you to have your thermostat powered up by your furnace 24 volt system and NOT have to rely on batteries .

*****PLEASE Note *****- as stated in the Youtube video YouTube , this prevents you from just turning on your fan only. Your fan WILL function correctly with your heat but not if you just want to turn on your fan separately. ALSO, this requires you to work at your furnace and re-position your "G" terminal wire to your "C" terminal wire AND (very important) use a wire to bridge both "G" and 'Y" terminals together which allows your fan to work correctly when your heat turns on.

The above work around worked PERFECTLY for me and takes little time. I take no responsibility for your system but I'm just informing you of this workaround that I found and to watch the video carefully if you do decide to do it. Also remember if you had your thermostat configured with a battery on Hubitat that you have to reset the thermostat and Exclude then ADD the thermostat back into Hubitat so it knows its now not running with a battery

Once again I have to give SPECIAL THANKS to Jason and Bcopeland for ALL their patience and help with the Enhanced Gocontrol driver that I'm also using now

2 Likes

I have two GoControl TBZ 48 thermostats running on battery. This worked fine for about a year changing the batteries very rarely - approximately every 6 months or less often. Then one day both thermostats started burning through a new set of alkaline batteries every 3-4 days. I tried changing drivers (between the advanced on and the regular) without any luck. Updating the Hubitat also didn't help. The fix was to z-wave exclude both thermostats and reconnect. They are back to normal now.

1 Like