GoControl GD000Z-4 not reporting events

I have a GoControl GD000Z-4 Garage Door opener. I have been using it since Dec of 2019, and it has worked well. Not sure when my issue started (after migrating to C7, or with a recent update?) but for me, when the tilt sensor detects a change, it accurately updated the controller module, but the hub does not appear to receive the open/close event at all. I assumed that since it reports 5E in the command class that it is a z-wave plus device, but the support staff at Nortek Controls insist only the GD000Z-7 and GD000Z-8 are ZWave Plus. I don't know that it matter though, since this is a sensor, I should be able to expect it reports on event, shouldn't I?

Anyways, if I command a Refresh from the driver (using the Generic Driver or modified RBoy driver) I get the correct value updated. If I do not press refresh, it never reports the state change.

This device alos does not appear in the z-wave poller app. I am guessing that is because of the 5E command class.

Is this a bug in HE that I do not get updates anymore, or is this a problem with the Garage Door opener? How can I tell?

In the interim, I guess I will setup a rule to force refresh every 10 seconds.

Interestingly, I cannot select the garage door as a device for the "Device Refresh" action in Rule Machine. Perhaps the built-in garage door opener device doesn't implement the refresh capability?

I’ve had this happen with a Kwikset 910 (non-ZWave Plus) but never with my GoControl GD000Z-4. In fact my problem has been the reverse, where it reports phantom events! I also thought that the GD000Z-4 was not ZWave Plus but the 5E led me to believe I was mistaken.

You could try installing z-wave poller and see if it picks it up

I addressed that in my earlier comment.

I simply created a rule in rule machine to run the refresh via the custom command feature.
Still off that the generic (built-in) garage door controller has a refresh button but I cannot use the refresh feature of rule machine to refresh it. Almost as it refresh is implemented as a custom command, rather than the refresh capability.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.