GoControl GC-TBZ48L

Although this will be a device specific question, I am sure the same method will apply to other devices.

I am using the user driver for my GoControl GC-TBZ48 thermostat. Every thing is working great.

The driver comes with the ability to show replacement status which I have added to a dashboard so it's in my face when it comes time to change the filter.

Under the devices section (hubitat admin) for the thermostat there is a switch to resetFilter time after replacing the filter.

How can I use that reset filter function on a dashboard so that I don't have to go into the device under hubitat admin page settings to reset it?

Thanks in advance
Carey

Possibly create a virtual switch to expose to your dash board that set's the attribute?

Thanks for the response.

I have already tried that, but unfortunately that attribute is not one that can be selected.

I can view the code in the device admin, but I don't know how to copy that into a dashboard tile.

Ok, under the devices section for the thermostat, there is a button for filterReset.

This action does not appear to be available in any template so I can add it to a dashboard.

When I do an inspect via the browser, ehere is the code for the filterReset button under the devices admin:

<fieldset class="form-horizontal">
                                                            <input type="hidden" name="id" value="354">
                                                            <input type="hidden" name="method" value="filterReset">
                                        </fieldset>
                                    </form>
                                    <script>
                                        $('#tileContainter-filterReset-7').on('click',function(e) {
                                                $('#form-filterReset-7').submit()
                                        });
                                        $('#form-filterReset-7').on('submit', function (e) {
                                            e.preventDefault();
                                            if(this.checkValidity()) {
                                                //console.log("filterReset submit blocked");
                                                $.ajax({
                                                    url: "/device/runmethod",
                                                    type: "POST",
                                                    context: this,
                                                    data: $(this).serialize(),
                                                    success: function (data) {
                                                        console.log("command sent");
                                                    },
                                                    error: function (data) {
                                                    }
                                                });
                                            } else {
                                                alert('Please complete the required fields.')
                                            }
                                        })

</script>

Is there anyway I can get this mapped to a virtual button or switch device so I can add it to a dashboard. This is not available as an attribute that I can easily add to a dashboard.

Hope this helps clarify what I am looking for.

Thanks

Hmmm Maybe @mike.maxwell or @bcopeland has some ideas on pulling that in easier