GoControl Garage Door Opener

I just added my garage door opener and it added just fine but when I add it to my dashboard and select the template garage door, I just get a big ? that says unknown. It happens no matter what template I select. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have had that happen before I actually triggered it. Try opening and closing the door from the device and see if it makes a difference.

Also, from the device screen, does it show if the door is opened or closed?

Actually that seemed to fix it but the current status is wrong. It says the door is open even though it's closed.

Well, I take that back, now it's showing correctly, I guess it just takes a couple of minutes to update. Thank you.

1 Like

It seems to be very slow in refreshing the status. It still says now Open when it's been closed for like 30 minutes.

How does it get its status? Is there also a sensor on the door that indicates whether it is open or closed?

I have the Iris branded version of the Go control GDO. I have 4 actually. They will sometimes stop updating. In my case if I power cycle and then open and close the door it usually straightens out.

There is also a procedure to pair your control unit to the door sensors, I have had to do that a few times over the years.

1. Unplug the controller for 10 seconds then plug it back in.

2. Then hold the reset button on the side for 10 seconds.

3. Then Raise and lower the door twice.

2 Likes