GoControl Garage Door no longer reporting status

Hey All,

I have a GoControl Garage door opener. Worked great with my C-4 hub. Then it stopped reporting status. I've replaced the battery in the tilt sensor twice with 2 brand new batteries. I've excluded the device and re-added it several times.

When taking the battery out and putting it back in the Go Control does beep so I'm pretty confident the main unit is still seeing the sensor.

I've included a screen shot of the device and logs from when I re-added it to my Hubitat. Haven't had a chance to troubleshoot it since August. Thanks in advance for the help!

garage door openers are Barrier devices and are required to use Security.

Note the "zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true" in this screencap for my GoControl GDO:
Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 11.56.55 AM

and my ZWave Details row for it:

The specs for Barrier devices dictate that it simply not work if paired insecure.

2 Likes

Is the LED "safety" light flashing when you try to activate it?

If not, the LED is dead and needs to be replaced or bypassed with a resistor.

From what I understand the c-4 model doesn't support security. Does that mean I have to upgrade to the c-7 to get it to work?

Nothing happens when I try to activate it

C4 supports S0

1 Like

OK I'll try again when I get home this afternoon. I can't remember it asking me to securely join, but it was over a month ago when I did it.

For the C3-C5 it won't ask. I would say this one step was 90% of my problems with my first GDO.

I have two.. one's a GoControl and the other is Linear. Same manufacturer, just different logos :smiley:

Migrating my Linear to Hubitat was a pain. I got these 'missing' S0 Security and of course nothing worked. Exclude/Include a bunch of times. Eventually I gave up and migrated other devices. At the end of the day, having migrated everything else, I tried the Linear GDO again and it worked first attempt. I've always 'blamed it' on having additional repeaters in the area. The initial repeater that was perfectly fine, close enough, etc. wasn't helpful enough, I am guessing. When 3 more got added during the remainder of the migration, one of them was good enough... is my conclusion.

I've since moved both of the GDOs from a C-5 to a C-7. First attempt. Both. I was expecting them to be a big problem... was anti-climatic. Again I conclude that the mesh for the C-7 had more options at the moment I did the Exclude/Include.

1 Like

Read this: Linear Garage Door Opener Stopped Working - Connected Things - SmartThings Community

ive had the same thing with more than one of mine.. especially if not used for awhile..

unpluggind or powering down and restarting seems to fix it if you then open close door a few times.

to avoid having to climb up on a ladder each time i have now put some kasa wifi switches behind the plug to remotely reboot them.

also check the battery in the sensor on the door too

Also, be sure to reset the device before attempting to include it again. Exclusion in itself is not enough. I have a similar device and has been rock solid on C4, C5 and C7. Including it secure is the key.

1 Like

Another Factoy reset and exclude/include and it's working. I'm showing securepairing complete: True. No idea why it didn't do it back in august. I must have done 5 or 5 factory resets that day. Worked on the first time. Maybe it was the update I just ran?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.