GoControl (2GIG) 2gig-z-brdg-433 issues

Being these were only $7.99, I decided to pick up two of the 2GIG/GoControl model 2GIG-Z-BRDG-433 devices and give them a try. Originally designed to be used in conjunction with CurrentCost’s Sensable Transmitter and CT clamp (as a 433 MHz bridge) to a GoControl panel. It was being sold strictly as a Z-Wave dimmer and repeater. The first model paired with my HE system without too much issue. However, it was pretty much an unrecognized device. I changed the device type to "Generic Z-Wave Dimmer" and it was working as a dimmer just fine. However, it doesn't work as a repeater. I tried changing the type to a generic repeater but that didn't work either.
When I tried to pair the second one, it is discovered but it never gets to the point of adding it to the system (never gets to the details where there is a save button). There are notes on the installation instructions that only one energy bridge can be installed on the GC system.
Anyone else have any luck with these devices?

Apparently nobody had success with these. What about using for the bridge to the CurrentCost CT Clamp and Transmitter? I would like to display the energy usage on a tile.....

Update: I'm now running ten of the 2GIG-Z-BRDG-433 units. They work fine as a dimmer on incandescent lighting (a good portion of my Xmas lights). However, with the leakage current they can't really be used for LED lights. Even when off, the leakage current will cause the LED's to conduct and light up somewhat. That is frustrating. But for the cost they are at least usable in limited applications.
They may actually work OK as repeaters if paired correctly. Earlier, after pairing, I moved the device and it didn't repeat. I think that it may have if I would have done as others have suggested, which is after pairing, gradually move the device further from the hub and run the Z-Wave repair each move. I don't need these to act as repeaters so I am not really checking that function.
As for energy usage, I'm not going to attempt that either. However, I just picked up a set of Lowes Iris outlets 3210-L and those report watts. That is a handy feature. A 116W bulb was reported as using 110W, so it's close and may be accurate as the bulb is aged. I have not taken actual measurements. Still it would work fine to report that the load is working or not.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.