Global connector device does not update(Seems like a bug)

I use a few global connector devices. One of every type but I use 4 of the string type. Of the 4 string types two work and two do not. Three of the four all basically do the same thing. I use a RM rule to take an energy reading and format a string of the total cost of the energy usage, for display on a dashboard. . I have one for the whole house, the washing machine and for the dishwasher. The connectors for the whole house and washing machine work fine the one for dishwasher does not. The last connector that does not work is a string that holds the name of the last echo device that was used,

I can manually update the veritable on the device page or the dashboard of the two connectors that do not work and the value in RM as shown in the global variable section will update. When the variable gets updated in RM the global variable section will show the correct value but the dashboard and device page do not get updated.

I have removed the global and re-created several times to no effect. The one for the dishwasher that does not work is a clone of the rule from the two that do. The last one that does not work is a simple rule that just sets the global equal to the device that triggered the rule. I use the global to track which room I am in to open/close the shade or toggle the ceiling fan in that room. The rules work and the global gets updated, but it does not transfer to the connector. The current value cannot be viewed on a dashboard.

The connector devices do not seem to be getting event triggering. I have had the connector for the whole house energy and the echo device setup for a couple months now. The energy device connector has pages of events from where each time the value was changed via RM. The echo variable has three, which were the three I did today when I manually changed the variable on the device page. Like the energy connector there should be many pages of events.

What should I be looking at to try and determine why it is not working. I have exhausted everything I know to do. What other information would be helpful.

I had observed something similar and then decided I could do what I wanted another way and never reported it.

So last night I seemed to have fixed it but it looks like there is some kind of bug in creating connectors.

All I did to fix each one was create another variable exactly like the one that wasn't working and add a 2 onto the name. Then I went to each rule and replaced the variable with the new one and in each case the connector then worked. In the pic below the variable at the top and bottom of the list are the two that were not working. The original and the 2 version are exactly the same but the originals would not update the connector device.