Gledopto led strip controller, remote, switch

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The controller I have is purely CCT and not RGB. It works the same though, this is is just meant for single color or CCT strips.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NZZZYTQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have to chime in and say I've had bad luck with both these and the other style on amazon. I'm actually spending part of the afternoon to install my light strips in the aluminum channels like you posted, and soldering the connections.

1 Like

Definitely a better option IMHO. Those connectors are just a PITA. I posted more to warn against them than to recommend them. The only point they do come in handy is if you're testing a configuration out and are not 100 sure about it. Because if you're using the channels for your perm installation, you can always solder two cut pieces back together again.

2 Likes

Really helpful feedback guys. Thank you so much! I will do more reading and eventually post my experiences back here to try to help others too.

1 Like

That is a ton of great information. Thanks.
I have about 5 different analog led strips set up but it’s time to play with addressable ones.
I have some questions if you don’t mind please.

When looking for these - Is the generic name just called addressable LEDs or is there another name to search for when looking to buy?

Looks like posts are about a year old. Any new controllers out there now that connect directly to HE but I don’t know if I’d want a complete DIY solution.

Similar to the strip itself. Anything new and more friendly released?

Thanks.
Mac

Similar. Since this post,

It still seems like addressable strips (outside of DIY or proprietary WiFi ones) are a lacking area. Inovelli has hinted at one coming.

There are a few strip types that are treated semi-generic based on the controller, such as WS2812. But overall, addressable often seems to work.

I'm giving a thumbs up for Pixelblaze with APA102 LED's. The LED's came from AliExpress along with a power supply, and there is a Hubitat driver available for the controller. Programming the controller could be an issue, but I found something similar to what I wanted and played with the programme until I got what I needed.

I'm going to hang tight for a little while before i dive too deep into the addressibles.
I bought 3 of the addressable RGB kits from Inovelli and according to the posts ive been reading they are going to release a firmware for use on generic strips....so i'll have a couple of spare controllers and power supplies.
@nathanharte.......are they shipped yet :slight_smile:

Cheers
Mac