GLEDOPTO - GL-C-008P Fails After Pairing to Hubitat

I have 5 of these connected to my LED cabinet lights and they were working well with SmartThings. In my conversion to Hubitat, I reset 1 of them using the "off/on and then 4 more times" sequence. I received the 4 blinks to indicate it was reset. I started pairing with Hubitat and it was found, but within 3 seconds, the light turned off . After finishing entering device name and room, Hubitat shows it as on but it doesn't change the controller. I thought it might be just one, so I did it again with a second one with the same deadly outcome.

So now...

• The strip won’t come on at all even after a power cycle.
  • GLEDOPTO support said they have users using them with Hubitat, but after 5 days, no resolution path from them email or their Reddit support site. (Feels like they know it is dead and don't want to tell me!)
  • No reset button on the controller
  • Since there is no light, I can't figure out how I would be able to do another reset.

Anybody have ideas?

I hate the idea of buying 5 more controllers, but I guess I need to start looking for replacements (other than GLEDOPTO).

I have one of these controllers connected and I haven’t had any issues with it, although I only use it with a white led strip. What device driver was assigned when you joined it to Hubitat? Does the controller show up in the Zigbee device list?

Thanks for the confirmation that it does work.

Hubitat picked the "Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb" for the driver. The contorller shows as a Zigbee device in the devices list. My strip is also white but when it was working with SmartThings, we change the temperature of the strip throughout the day (Daylight -> Warm) and from 80% to 25% after dinner.

My understanding is that when power is applied, it should default to "on". So without any response, I don't know how I am going to unbrick it, even if I wanted to reset and pair again.

Not quite the same, but I have a couple of GL-C-007 that work fine with Hubitat.

I am not sure how or why it would brick a device to pair it to Hubitat. I also find it odd that it wouldn't factory reset.

I wonder what would happen if you tried to pair it again with Smartthings? Oh and related question, is Smartthings still plugged in?

The Advanced RGBW driver should be the correct one, at least that is what mine take.

Thanks for some ideas. Previously I didn’t think I could reset it because the strip wouldn’t light. However, I used the contoller’s blue light and can reset it. After reset, they will stay on at their default setting without problems.

I tried unplugging one hub and pairing to the other. Now, in both cases (SmartThings and Hubitat), after I start pairing, about 10-15 seconds later the lights go out. Pairing doesn’t finish. The lights stay off even after removing and reapplying power.

I am having a similar issue with the Gledopto controllers. I have 2 of them and neither of them will pair easily. I finally got one to pair with the hubitat but then it wouldn't respond at all. Frustrating, but sounds like I will need to get new controllers (also not Gledopto) any recommendations?

Completely at my wits end! Ray in support was responsive right up until the point I sent him detailed videos. Then all communications ended. I can only assume that their product is faulty and he can see it based on my videos. Therefore he has stopped responding because he would need to say "yup - it is a default in the device, but you will need to buy replacements" and he is afraid to say it. Will I buy replacement GLEDOPTOs? I will give him to the end of the week, but then it is time to spend $$$ on somebody else's products.