GLEDOPTO color zigbee bulbs

I’d imagine the generic Z-zwave RGBCCT Driver would work well. How is the color and CT?

1 Like

They are zigbee not z-wave.

2 Likes

I connect my Gledopto lamps directly to HE using the standard zigbee driver (Generic ZigBee RGBW Light). They work fine this way in RGB mode or Temp mode.

1 Like

+1 for Gledopto and zigbee driver, been using them in my landscape lights and they work great

2 Likes

I also have the Gledopto RGBW controller, and it works fine as a Generic RGBW.

1 Like

Just be careful to buy the 1-ID controller device for Gledopto LED strips if you want to interface directly with HE. There is currently no driver for the 2-ID controller (someone was building one but I never saw it completed) although it does work nicely with a Hue Hub and hence comes into HE as 2 devices. The only irritation with Hue is it won't recognise anything but their own products in an entertainment zone. Really irritating because it means you can't use other companies' products with Hue Sync (eg. as reactive background lighting to a TV or in entertainment zones).

1 Like

I am really enjoying the color , nice and bright also

2 Likes

Any know if it repeats the zigbee signal?

What I haven't seen using the generic driver ,it doesn't have a setting to reminder the last power on state

See if it shows up on the getChildAndRouteInfo
http://HUB_IP_ADDRESS/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

1 Like

Yes, they do repeat. They seem to do a reasonable job with Xiaomi too.

1 Like

It was me and it's in my repo. It's not well done because I don't understand Zigbee as well as Z-Wave. It is usable though. I'm not even going to link it until I give it a second run over. If somebody finds it on their own they can use it though.

1 Like

Oh cool. Sorry, couldn't remember who it was :sweat_smile: May I try it? I ended up buying the Hue hub to get them working in the end, so I have a solution but would like to try them directly connected to HE if it works. Thanks.

This is a learning monument for me , where do i look ? Do I look for that in the logs , or under events with in the bulb device page ?

No, just type that into your browser (with your hub's IP address of course as part of the url). It will then display the mesh details for you (although they can be quite hard to interpret/understand).

1 Like

I have ordered the 2ID controller and will write a driver when it arrives, so probably ready for testing next weekend. I had not really planned on releasing it, but if there is interest I can do so. @codahq unless you have finished your driver fully by then? If you have and prefer to release it, I'll just keep mine to myself :slight_smile:

You guys are awesome :+1: :+1: :+1:

Please don't forget about that Chinese RF controller too ha ha ha :stuck_out_tongue:

I know, it's here on my workbench, been focusing on Zigbee lately, wanted to get myself fully up-to-date with that protocol and feel I've reached that. I'll get to that controller...

1 Like

You de man :pray:

Mine has been done since the ST days. Feel free to release another or improve it. It uses a child device for the white channel. Both drivers are in my (not Ring) repo.

2 Likes