Getting Ring V2 Contact Sensor back to pairing mode

Had to force remove two v2 contact sensors. No matter what I try (factory reset, etc) I cannot get them back into pairing mode (slow flashing green). I’ve scanned for smart start. So far nothing.

I swear I hit this before and had some luck putting plastic back behind battery so it can be closed when powered up, but this time not having any luck.

Anyone have tips? I love that there are also slightly different instructions on ring’s site for resetting. :confused:

I had an outdoor contact sensor that I re-paired yesterday, I think they're mostly the same. I think I had to hold down its button for a few seconds to get the pairing active. Make sure you exclude and get a device excluded message. I had no problem excluding, it was a short press of the reset pin hole.

Yeah. Biggest thing I think is the annoying back and tamper switch. Annoying.

Waiting longer for smartstart.

I find with those the easiest way is to factory reset them then use smart start inclusion (qr code should be printed on the casing)

1 Like

Sadly no go so far. I have a feeling they’re not actually factory resetting with the pinhole. I hold down for what seems like close to 15 seconds of fast flashing, LED turns red, goes out, but unit doesn’t return to default state (can’t hit button for 3 seconds to start classic inclusion), etc.

Going to work on cleaning out the two ghost entries that these left behind when I deleted them and see if that helps at all.

That could certainly impede reconnection... Just on the side though, Press and hold the pinhole reset button using the end of a paperclip or similar tool. The LED light at the front of the device flashes green. Continue holding down the pinhole reset button until the LED light turns red, then release.

yup, that's what I've done easily a dozen times.... =/

Then likely the ghosts preventing pairing. They will wreak havoc with your mesh.

I can't even pair my zstick... sigh

Try shutting down the hub, remove power, let it sit for 2 minutes, restart. Try pairing process again.

Have done that. Had to do it last night because after mucking with pairing/excluding/etc the Ring sensors my radio wedged completely and wasn't sending commands at all. =/

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.